Download firmware SCALANCE W700 IEEE 802.11n V6.4.0
Article numbers (RoW)
Article numbers (US)
Article numbers (IL)
SCALANCE W721-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W722-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W734-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W738-1 M12
SCALANCE W748-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W748-1 M12
SCALANCE W761-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W774-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W774-1 M12 EEC
SCALANCE W778-1 M12
SCALANCE W778-1 M12 EEC
SCALANCE W786-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2 RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2IA RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2 SFP
SCALANCE W788-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W788-2 RJ45
SCALANCE W788-1 M12
SCALANCE W788-2 M12
SCALANCE W788-2 M12 EEC
- Welcome text at logon: A txt file can be loaded into the device or entered via CLI, which is displayed when logging on via WBM and CLI.
- Improved support of Syslog events for SIEM systems
- Integration of script load via DHCP option 66/67
- Optimization of the display of the configuration settings in the CLI (show running config)
- Correction during transmission of LLC frames with a length of 3 bytes
- iPCF: Improved PROFINET connection setup when using the PLC S7-1517
- iPRP: Optimization of scanning behavior of the client
- PLUG: Error restarting with PLUG, on which a firmware is stored ('Firmware on PLUG'), has been fixed.
- Incorrect display in 802.11a of the Japanese channels 192 and 196 was corrected.
- PROFINET: PROFINET connection interruption at 'Link down' at the Ethernet port has been fixed.
- WDS with WPA(2) PSK: Connection abort when renewing keys was removed
- Access point - ARP table: Correction of the display when logging off L2T clients
- Corrected sporadic freezing after manual takeover of WLAN settings (Commit mode: 'Commit changes')
- RSTP: Improved use of correct path costs when logging an L2T client into an access point
- WBM: Link to SIOS via the Siemens logo in WBM corrected
- NAT: ARP response to local NAT IP address improved
- Event log: Incorrect message output ("IP Communication is not possible ...") corrected
- A device very rarely restarts in special constellations in iPCF mode. After a warm restart, the device restarts normally.
- This version contains security-related improvements which increase ruggedness. We recommend performing an update.
- iPRP: Undesired side effects can occur when using iPRP in combination with A-MPDU. We therefore recommend avoiding the simultaneous use of the two functions.
- Incompatibility C-PLUG created with firmware V1.0: If a device including the C-PLUG is equipped with the firmware V1.0 and a defect occurs, the device can only be replaced by a device with firmware V6.0 or older. After the replacement the device can be updated to the current firmware version.
- Incompatibility with iPRP: iPRP systems with version V6.0.0 are not compatible with devices with version V6.1.0. All devices must be brought to the same firmware version (V6.0.0 or higher V6.1.0).
- Due to increasing security requirements, only the AES encryption method is supported with iPCF and iPCF-MC. As of V05.00.00, the WEP encryption method can no longer be configured. Note: Existing installations that use the non-secure WEP encryption method should be upgraded to the more secure AES encryption method. In any event, this upgrade must be carried out before a firmware update to V05.00.00.
- Note: If an EDS file from V5.2.1 is used and the device with firmware V6.1.1 is running, the devices are no longer accessible online.
- The transfer protocol IEEE 802.11b is not supported in combination with iPCF, which means the SCALANCE W700-xRR devices must not be configured with the IEEE 802.11b operating mode in mixed operation.
- After the update, channels may no longer be available with the current configuration due to a restriction of existing approvals (F-LED is illuminated). In this case, you need to check the settings for antennas (antenna gain).
- iPCF: In order to use iPCF optimally, it is recommended to operate iPCF only with the IEEE 802.11a transmission method.
Furthermore, for devices with two WLAN interfaces, it is recommended to configure iPCF only on the first WLAN interface (WLAN 1).
- Configuration via TIA V16: Configuration of the 'Service Information' event is currently not possible.
- Bahrain: For the country approval in Bahrain, the maximum permitted transmission power in the 5725 - 5875 MHz band (UNII-3) was limited from 2000 mW to 200 mW. The Tx power test has been adapted accordingly. Systems that have already been put into operation are protected.
- The current approval list at the time of firmware release can be downloaded from the device's Web based Management. As changes may occur in the national approvals while the documentation for the firmware is being completed, there may be differences between the national approvals listed in V6.4.0 and the Compact Operating Instructions. At the time of the release, the settings according to the country list of firmware V6.4.0 are valid. There is no approval available yet for some countries. They are marked with an asterisk in the Web Based Management and Command Line Interface.
The currently available national approvals can be found in the list of wireless approvals under www.siemens.com/wireless-approvals
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS.html file.
Special note for resellers:
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
For the SCALANCE W700 devices download the following zipped file "SCALANCE_W700_V06_04_00.zip". This file contains:
Firmware file for SCALANCE W780 und W740.
Firmware file for SCALANCE W770, W730, W760 and W720.
PROFINET GSDML file for SCALANCE W-700
SNMP MIB file for SCALANCE W-700
You can download the file here:
SCALANCE_W700_V06_04_00.zip (26.3 MB)
Note: Download only for registered users
Then open the "System" folder in the web interface of the corresponding SCALANCE W700 product and click "Load & Save". The file "SCALANCE_[…]_V06_04_00.sfw" can now be imported by clicking "Load" in the "Firmware" row. Once the firmware has been successfully loaded in the SCALANCE W product, a restart is required (a browser restart is also recommended). Information on loading new firmware can be found in section 7.1 of the configuration manual: !109759652!
Download for SCALANCE W firmware version history:
You can download a version history of all firmware stages of the SCALANCE W SCALANCE W700 IEEE 802.11n as a PDF file "SCALANCE_W700_IEEE802.11n_Version_history.pdf":
You can download the file here.