Entry type: Application example Entry ID: 109774753, Entry date: 03/24/2021
SINAMICS SDC: Serial Drive Commissioner
The openness application SINAMICS SDC (Serial Drive Commissioner) provides functionality to copy, update and download multiple drives. The PROFINET drives of the SINAMICS G product line and SINAMICS S210 included in SINAMICS Startdrive are supported.
When commissioning series of drives, the time expenditure of entering parameters for identical drives is an important factor. Multiple drives are frequently given identical parameters, yet each drive must be configured by hand, its parameters entered, and loaded.
The SINAMICS SDC (Serial Drive Commissioner) application supports the creation of arbitrarily many drives with the help of a master drive. As an option, the copies can be interfaced to the same IO system as the master and a partner port interconnection (topology) from copy to copy can be performed.
Moreover, using SINAMICS SDC the configuration of a master drive can be transferred to any number of compatible drives. Drivespecific properties such as PROFINET settings, the PROFIsafe address, I/O addresses and the partner port interconnection are retained.
All drive profiles can then be loaded from the offline project to the drives. Once loading is complete the safety parameters can also be copied, and the obligatory failsafe copying of the driver parameters (RAM to ROM) can be performed.
The devices of the SINAMICS G product line and SINAMICS S210 drives are supported.
Excerpt of the presentation of the SINAMICS SDC from the SITRAIN Expert Talk on 12.11.2020
- Presetting of telegram addresses
- Copying of safety parameters (Basic/Extended) for G120 and S210
- Restart and upload of the drives
- Set PG/PC interface in drive
- Undo step for each change in TIA Portal
- Changes are only transferred to the project if no errors have occurred
- Selection of PG/PC interface is saved
- Loading display when loading the project
- Loading time significantly reduced
- SINAMICS SDC can not be opened
- IO addresses are changed
- Device name is changed
- Fixed bug in partner port connection
- Group drives by drive typ and power rating
- Selection dialog for TIA projects can be opened manually
- Copy of safety parameters is now only supported for extended safety
- UI performance improvements
- Logging improvements
- Erste Ausgabe
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 109774753
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry