How do you set up WinCC Audit? How do you select the Audit Trail Server and create a database?
When setting up the Audit Trail database, the check mark for selecting the Audit Trail Server appears not operable (grayed out). It is not possible to select or create a database.
The following requirements must be met for the configuration steps described in this FAQ response:
- "SIMATIC Logon" is installed on your computer.
- The Windows user used is member of the user group "SIMATIC HMI AUDIT".
- WinCC Audit must be installed and a valid WinCC Audit RC license must be stored in the Automation License Manager.
More information on the topic of licenses for WinCC Audit is available at the following link: Audit Licenses
Open the "Audit" editor in WinCC. After opening the editor and successful logon by SIMATIC Logon, you must proceed as follows.
Select the Audit Trail server and the Audit Trail database:
- Click "Select Audit Trail Server"
- Right-click the row with the database name <Create Multi Project Database…>. To select an existing database, you must right click the row with an existing database.
- Click "Select Server" to create the database.
Assign a name for the database:
- Assign a name for the database.
- Confirm the input with "OK".
Proceed as follows to select the components for which Audit is to be activated:
- Click "Audit Settings".
- Enable the required components with the respective option boxes.
Selecting the option boxes only works if a database has been created and selected before.
Finally, a differentiated Audit setting can be made for the enabled components:
- Click the required component.
- Select the parts of the project components to be audited.
After selecting user actions for specific screens, you must enable the operator message for the individual objects on the selected screen:
Click the required screen.
Select the desired user action for the individual objects of the screen.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry