SIMATIC Robot Integrator for standard Kinematics - Getting Started
release of TIA Portal V15 and the firmware V2.5 the technology object
“Kinematics” was introduced into the SIMATIC S7-1500 Technology CPU. This
system integrated Motion Control functionality allows to control and coordinate
kinematics with up to 4 interpolating axes (X-, Y-, Z- and orientation axis A).
Among other things, these can be used in TIA Portal to control kinematics
via a separate control panel and to generate a path movement.
In the application example is shown, how the implementation via a mobile and a comfort panel with the corresponding PLC program could look like.
This Getting Started contains the programming of 2-4-axes kinematics using a SIMATIC S7-1500 T-CPU by means of a technology object.
It provides you with numerous functions which are also accessible from the included HMI. Among others you will find the following functions on the HMI:
- Jogging the kinematics
- Teaching of singular positions
- Teaching and moving on complete trajectories with editable transition conditions
- Configuration of tool and base coordinate systems
- Visualization of the kinematics’ diagnostic data
- Switching languages between English and German
can find selected screenshots of the HMI of the KTP900F.
Fig. 1: Start screen
Fig. 2: Move kinematics
Fig. 3: Move on path
functionality realized in the application example is available for all
kinematics supported by the technology object “Kinematics”.
In the application example two HMIs with identical functions are also included. They are optimized for the TP1500 Comfort Panel and the KTP900F Mobile Panel.
The corresponding documentation explains step by step how to use the application example and describes the structure in TIA Portal. Afterwards the answers to various problems and frequently asked questions are given.
To access the Getting Started open a Support Request using the keyword "SIMATIC Robot Integrator for Standard Kinematics".
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry