SINEC PNI Basic V1.0 Update 1 Software Download
You can download the SINEC PNI Basic software (Primary Network Initialization) V1.0 including Update 1 here.
SINEC PNI is a program for the initialization of Siemens network components and for the initialization of Siemens controllers.
In addition, network-specific parameters can be set that are necessary for the commissioning of SCALANCE and RUGGEDCOM devices.
Configuration can also be performed simultaneously for several devices.
- Network scan of all PROFINET and RUGGEDCOM devices
- Initialization by setting the following parameters on the devices:
- IP address, subnet and gateway
- Initial password change (SCALANCE & RUGGEDCOM)
- PROFINET name (PROFINET)
- I&M data for device identification (PROFINET)
- SystemName, SystemContact and SystemLocation
- Activate DHCP client
- Reset to factory settings
- Reset to PROFINET defaults
- Flashing LED
- Open Web-based Management for the devices
SINEC PNI can be used for commissioning PROFINET devices and providing support for initializing SCALANCE and RUGGEDCOM devices.
Errors remedied in Update 1
- S7-1200 CPUs with firmware V2.2 are now supported as well. To do this, the option "PROFINET devices" must be enabled in the settings and the option "Read out additional information" must be disabled.
- Devices with the IP address 0.0.0.0 are now supported as well.
- Password change is not supported for devices with RUGGEDCOM ROS V5.3.
- Password change now works for all SCALANCE devices.
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find copyright information for the third-party software contained in this product, particularly Open Source Software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the file
Note the installation and notes for usage in the following file:
German: BA_SINEC-PNI_0.pdf (361.7 KB)
English: BA_SINEC-PNI_76.pdf (354.1 KB)
Notes on the download
The program is made available to you as an archive. Download the file to a directory on your computer and make sure that the directory contains no spaces. Extract the content and start the SinecPNI.exe. Please note the file size.
SINEC PNI V1.0:
Download: SinecPni-V22.214.171.124.zip (138.8 MB)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry