Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109780564, Entry date: 09/01/2020
SINUMERIK: How to evaluate multiple temperature sensors in the drive
Temperature evaluation via encoder and TM120
You have a motor, e.g. spindle motor with temperature sensor KTY84, the temperature sensor is connected to an SMC20 or SME20 module. You want to further evaluate additional temperature sensors (PTCs) connected to a TM120 module.
In the SINAMICS S120 drive, only one source of temperature sensors can be selected:
- The setting p600 = 1 "Temperature sensor via encoder 1 (SMC / SME / SMI / DQI)" does not allow any further source via BICO interconnection, e.g. a TM120 module.
- At setting p600 = 10, 20, 21, the temperature sensor is not evaluated via encoder 1.
- In the SINNAMICS, evaluate the KTY84 via encoder 1, i.e. in the SINAMICS p600 = 1 (source encoder 1)
- Evaluate the additional temperature sensors connected to the TM120 within the TM120, with interference and warning thresholds there.
- Evaluate the status of the TM120 and, if necessary, trigger an external fault (free-usable applicative SINAMICS alarm) on this axis to switch it off at overtemperature.
- SERVO_3.15:2 (3.15.2 SERVO 11)
- p600 (Mot Temp_sensor) 1 // Temperature evaluation via encoder 1 (motor encoder SMC/SME/SMI/DQI)
- p601 (Mot_temp_sens Typ) 2 // 1 Temperature sensor type KTY84 (may also be another)
- TM120_3.15:5 (3.15.5 TM120 207) TM120
- p4100 (TM120 Sensortyp) 2 // Select sensor type channel0 --> here KTY84
- p4100 (TM120 Sensortyp) 1 // Select sensor type channel1 --> here PTC
- p4102 (TM120 F/A_schw) 25 // Warning threshold channel0 --> is only displayed as a warning (for reduce test)
- p4102 (TM120 F/A_schw) 29 // Fault threshold channel0 --> resolves ext. Fault 3 in the drive off (reduce for test)
- p4102 (TM120 F/A_schw) 130 // Warning threshold channel1 --> is only displayed as a warning
- p4102 (TM120 F/A_schw) 145 // Fault threshold channel1 --> solves ext. Fault 3 in the drive off
- SERVO 3.15:2 = Antrieb, TM120 3.15:5 = TM120
- (External fault 3) 0:0.0 / Activate the ext. fault 3
Variant with only one temperature sensor on TM120 p3111 (Ext fault en) 5:4104.1 // Fault channel 0 of the TM120 Variant with two temperature sensors on TM120 p3111 (Ext fault en) 63:2817.0 // Trigger source Bit of TM120
or for two channels:
from BICO OR p2816[0,1] to r2817 // 63: = own drive object
p2816 (OR inputs) 5:4104.1 // Fault channel 0 of the TM120 p2816 (OR inputs) 5:4104.3 // Fault channel 1 of the TM120
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 109780564
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry