Firmware V6.3 for SCALANCE M-800 / S615
The following features were added:
TIA Portal Cloud Connector
- The TIA Portal Cloud Connector enables access from an Engineering PC with TIA Portal to an Ethernet interface of a SCALANCE M800 / S615 and connected SCALANCE / SIMATIC hardware. This access is also possible in combination with VPN, e.g. with SINEMA Remote Connect.
- Via remote TIA Portal Engineering it is possible to perform, for example, initial commissioning with an initial assignment of an IP address of the devices or also go "online" directly to the SIMATIC components.
- The TIA Portal Cloud Connector is released in connection with TIA Portal V16 and max. 50 connected devices to SCALANCE M800 / S615 components. The runtime of an active Cloud Connector connection should not exceed the duration of a typical service assignment.
- For Internet access, in addition to the mobile wireless connection, a LAN interface can be configured as primary Internet connection in the mobile wireless router SCALANCE M876-4. If this fails, because a previously freely configured IP address in the internal network or Internet can no longer be reached, the SCALANCE M876-4 automatically switches to the mobile wireless connection and restores the Internet connection.
- The automatic switchover of connection between several LAN interfaces can also be configured in the SCALANCE S615.
- For additional authentication of an OpenVPN connection, a TLS Static Key (PSK) can be used. In this case, incoming TLS packages are only accepted if they were signed with the TLS key.
- Authentication on an OpenVPN server can be performed using a user name / password and certificate.
- Adjustable timeouts for IKEv2.
- DNS queries can be answered with a statically configured IP address.
SHDSL Port Monitoring
- Triggering of events in the event of a change in status of the SHDSL port of the SCALANCE M826.
VRRPv3 Address Tracking
- To enable redundant connections with several devices, the feature VRRPv3 with existing interface tracking has been extended to include IP and FQDN tracking.
Flashing of own LEDs
- The LEDs of own module group can be made to flash under DCP Discovery.
Corrections were made in the following areas:
- The digital output can be used to signal an active VPN connection, e.g. to a SINEMA RC server.
SNMPv3 Authentication Error
- SNMPv3 connections are possible with AES128 encryption.
This update contains security-relevant changes which enhance robustness against possible attacks. We therefore recommend you update the firmware.
Security fixes and improvements:
- Correction for SSA-809841: Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in Third-Party Component pppd
Firmware update V6.3 has been released for upgrading the following product versions:
SCALANCE M812-1 (ANNEX A)
SCALANCE M812-1 (ANNEX B)
SCALANCE M816-1 (ANNEX A)
SCALANCE M816-1 (ANNEX B)
SCALANCE M874-3 (CN)
SCALANCE M876-3 (ROK)
SCALANCE M876-4 (EU)
SCALANCE M876-4 (NAM)
RUGGEDCOM RM1224 LTE(4G) EU
RUGGEDCOM RM1224 LTE(4G) NAM
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright notes on the third-party software included in this product, especially Open Source Software, as well as applicable license conditions for this type of third-party software in the file ReadMe_OSS.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
OSS_SCALANCE-M-800-S615_86.pdf (12.2 MB)
Please read the notes on installation in the product documentation.
You can download the file here.
Hash: V6.3_Hash_256.txt (1 KB)
You can download the private MIB here.
Hash: msps_Hash_256.txt (1 KB)
You can find the source code of the Open Source Software here:
Hash: Hash_256.txt (1 KB)
Contact for technical issues: Customer Support, DI CS SD CCC TS, Contact form
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry