Download firmware SCALANCE W700 IEEE 802.11n V6.5.0
This firmware update V6.5.0 can be used for SCALANCE W700 IEEE 802.11n products and replaces the older firmware version V6.4.1.
Article numbers involved (MLFB):
Article numbers (RoW)
Article numbers (US)
Article numbers (IL)
SCALANCE W721-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W722-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W734-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W738-1 M12
SCALANCE W748-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W748-1 M12
SCALANCE W761-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W774-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W774-1 M12 EEC
SCALANCE W778-1 M12
SCALANCE W778-1 M12 EEC
SCALANCE W786-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2 RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2IA RJ45
SCALANCE W786-2 SFP
SCALANCE W788-1 RJ45
SCALANCE W788-2 RJ45
SCALANCE W788-1 M12
SCALANCE W788-2 M12
SCALANCE W788-2 M12 EEC
- Dynamic Transmit Antenna Selection (DTAS): In the client or Client mode, a dynamic antenna switching is available depending on the RX signal per antenna. When activated, the antenna with the better signal to the corresponding access point is automatically used for transmission.
- PROFINET: Support for PROFINET devices with system redundancy S2 downstream from the iPCF client.
- Support for uploading and downloading the configurations of the SCALANCE W components via SINEC NMS.
- Increase in the basic security settings:
- Client RADIUS Supplicant: In client or Client mode, you can specify which version of TLS is used at least for WLAN RADIUS authentication; factory setting for compatibility reasons: TLS 1.0
The RADIUS server and certificates must also support the specified TLS version or use the appropriate key.
- HTTP services: Definition of the permitted type of access to the WBM; factory setting: 'Redirect HTTP to HTTPS'
- HTTPS: Configuration of the TLS version that is used at least for the connection to the Web server; factory setting: TLS 1.2
- Password policy: New factory settings: 'High'
- User: When you log in for the first time or after a "Reset to factory settings and restart", the factory preset user "admin" can be renamed once. After that it is no longer possible to rename "admin".
- Update OpenSSH: Version 1.1.1g
- Update OpenSSH: Version 8.1
- Configurable standard ports: The standard ports can be changed for some services (e.g. Telnet).
- NAT (Network Address Translation): This function is now also available to a limited extent in the W721-1 device version.
- Syslog client: Support for encrypted communication (TLS) to the syslog server according to RFC 3164.
- Firmware on PLUG: This function is active by default. When activated, the firmware is saved on the PLUG. This means you can use the PLUG to carry out automatic firmware updates/downgrades.
- The wireless approval list in the firmware has been updated. For more detailed information about the status of approvals for the respective device versions, refer to www.siemens.com/wireless-approvals
- Spectrum analyzer: Error (restart of the device) when using the spectrum analyzer has been fixed.
- Performance improvement: Optimization of SSH access when there are multiple SSH connections.
- NAPT: Connection termination (Ethernet port) during NAT configuration has been fixed.
- Download & Save: Improved stability when loading a CLI script file.
- Adjustments in the frame-evaluation for ARP.
- Expansion WLAN statistics: Separation of the receive errors into one that only shows faulty telegrams with an existing connection and one that shows all faulty telegrams for better statistical display in SINEC NMS.
- Mention in the user documentation of the service login that can be activated.
- GSDML / EDS file is no longer available for download in W770/W730 and W760/W720. The GSDML and EDS files can be found in the Siemens Industry Online Support on the firmware download page: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/ps/15859/dl.
- Corrections in the documentation.
- This version contains security-related improvements which increase ruggedness. We recommend performing an update.
- iPCF: In order to use iPCF optimally, it is recommended to operate iPCF only with the IEEE 802.11a transmission method. Furthermore, for devices with two WLAN interfaces, it is recommended to configure iPCF only on the first WLAN interface (WLAN 1).
- Configuration via SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V16 (TIA Portal): Configuration of the 'Service Information' event is currently not possible.
- iPRP: Undesired side effects can occur when using iPRP in combination with A-MPDU. We therefore recommend avoiding the simultaneous use of the two functions.
- Incompatibility C-PLUG created with firmware V1.0: If a device including the C-PLUG is equipped with the firmware V1.0 and a defect occurs, the device can only be replaced by a device with firmware V6.0 or older. After the replacement the device can be updated to the current firmware version.
- Due to increasing security requirements, only the AES encryption method is supported with iPCF and iPCF-MC. As of V05.00.00, the WEP encryption method can no longer be configured. Note: Existing installations that use the non-secure WEP encryption method should be upgraded to the more secure AES encryption method. In any event, this upgrade must be carried out before a firmware update to V05.00.00.
- The IEEE 802.11b transmission method is not supported in conjunction with iPCF, i.e. the SCALANCE W700-xRR devices must not be configured with the IEEE 802.11b operating mode in mixed mode.
- After the update, channels may no longer be available with the current configuration due to a restriction of existing approvals (F-LED is illuminated). In this case you need to check the settings for antennas (antenna gain).
- The current approval list at the time of firmware release can be downloaded from the device's Web Based Management "System > Load&Save > http > CountryList". Since changes to the country approvals can still occur between the completion of the firmware documentation, there may be deviations between the country approvals listed in V6.5.0 and the documentation. At the time of the release, the settings according to the country list of firmware V6.5.0 are valid. There is no approval available yet for some countries. They are marked with an asterisk in the Web Based Management and Command Line Interface. The currently available national approvals can be found in the list of wireless approvals under www.siemens.com/wireless-approvals
- With SINEC PNI Basic V1.0 Update 1, devices in factory state can be assigned an IP address https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/ps/26672/dl)
Third-party software – License conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS.html file
Special note for resellers:
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
Description of the download procedure:
For the SCALANCE W700 devices download the following zipped file "SCALANCE_W700_V06_05_00.zip". This file contains:
Firmware file for SCALANCE W780 und W740.
Firmware file for SCALANCE W770, W730, W760 and W720.
PROFINET GSDML file for SCALANCE W700
Ethernet/IP EDS file for SCALANCE W700
SNMP MIB file for SCALANCE W700
You can download the file here:
Note: Download only for registered users
Then open the "System" folder in the web interface of the corresponding SCALANCE W700 product and click "Load & Save". The file "SCALANCE_[…]_V06_05_00.sfw" can now be imported by clicking "Load" in the "Firmware" row. Once the firmware has been successfully loaded into the SCALANCE W product, a restart is required (a browser restart is also recommended). Information on loading new firmware can be found in section 7.1 of the configuration manual: 109759652
Download for SCALANCE W firmware version history:
You can download a version history of all firmware stages of the SCALANCE W SCALANCE W700 IEEE 802.11n as a PDF file "SCALANCE_W700_IEEE802.11n_Version_history.pdf":
You can download the file here:
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry