Firmware Update V6.3.1 for SCALANCE XM-400
The following features have been added:
Corrections have been made in the following areas:
· Corrections in the area of ARP resolution
Improved stability of the firmware in the area of ARP resolution.
We therefore recommend using this firmware update when Routing is used.
Notes on the MRP interconnection function:
Some definitions for MRP interconnection were extended or adapted between IEC62439-2 Ed.2 and Ed.3. An additional MAC address for MRP interconnection was introduced for reasons of interoperability. This means the MAC addresses to be used for MRP interconnection have been changed compared to existing MRP interconnection firmware versions.
The change has the following consequences:
· MRP interconnection in firmware version V6.2 currently only works in homogeneous networks consisting of SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 with firmware version V6.2.
· As of version V6.3 of the SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 firmware, the use of the MRP interconnection function will be possible and released without restriction.
However, we would like to point out that a firmware update is required for all SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 in the network.
· The devices of the SCALANCE XC-200, XC-200G, XP-200, XF-200 series support the MRP Interconnection feature from firmware version V4.2 and can be connected to devices of the SCALANCE XM-400 and XR-500 series via MRP interconnection if they have firmware version V6.3 or higher.
Activating MRP interconnection in heterogeneous networks with SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 that use firmware version V6.2 can result in network malfunctions. We therefore strongly advise against activating the MRP interconnection function in the constellation mentioned.
If you want to use MRP interconnection with SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500, make sure to use firmware version V6.3 or higher.
As of version V6.3 of the SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 firmware, using the MRP interconnection function together with the SCALANCE X-200 series based on firmware version V4.2 and in heterogeneous networks whose network components meet the requirements of IEC 62439-2 Ed.3 will be possible and approved without restriction.
However, we would like to point out that a firmware update is required for all SCALANCE XM-400 and SCALANCE XR-500 in the network that do not use firmware version V6.3 or higher.
Notes on installation:
· Switches that are currently operated with a firmware version < V5.1 must be updated to a firmware version higher than or equal to V5.1 before updating to version V6.3.1.
· Switches that are currently operated with a firmware version < V6.3 cannot be updated to a version >= V6.3 using the "Firmware on Plug" function. A manual update to V6.3 is required. However, a downgrade from versions >= V6.3 to older versions is possible with the "Firmware on Plug" function.
Firmware V6.3.1 has been approved for upgrading the following product versions:
SCALANCE XM416-4C L3
SCALANCE XM408-8C L3
SCALANCE XM408-4C L3
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright notes on the third-party software, especially Open Source Software, as well as applicable license conditions for this type of third-party software in the file ReadMe_OSS.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
Please read the product documentation for installation.
You can download the firmware file here:
You can download the GSDML here:
You can download the private mib here:
Since changes may be made at short notice, you can find the current version of the readme file with the following link:
Contact for technical issues: Customer Support, DI CS SD CCC TS, Contact form
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry