Service Pack 2 for SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5 available
The service pack includes the following new functions:
- New template "C++ Project for MFP Linux application (CPU 1518 MFP FW V2.8 or higher"
The new template allows to develop C++ applications for CPU 1518 MFP Firmware Version V2.8 or higher. The Eclipse development environment required for this is included in the scope of delivery. Details on CPU 1518 MFP V2.8 are provided in the relevant delivery release 109782620
The new functions and improvements of the existing SP1 are integrated in SP2 and can be used, see product announcement 109773165
The SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5.2 can be installed either as a standalone or via an existing V2.5 installation.
A license for Version V2.5 is required to operate SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5.2
Installation is as follows:
- Download the setup files and the file including the SHA-256 checksums and store them in a directory.
- Check the setup files using the SHA-256 checksum
- Run the EXE file to start the setup.
Migration of existing C++ applications
If you want to continue to use C++ applications, which have been created for a firmware version <= V2.6, on CPU 1518 MFP V2.8, proceed as follows:
- Create a new project in Eclipse using the template "C++ Project for MFP Linux application (CPU 1518 MFP FW V2.8 or higher".
- Transfer the sources of our existing application to the new project.
- Generate the application anew and transfer it to CPU 1518 MFP V2.8
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry