Entry type: Application example Entry ID: 109783900, Entry date: 12/16/2020
SIMATIC Multi-Carrier-System Module for Modular Application Creator
The LRailCtrl application for SIMATIC S7-1500T controllers can be configured quickly and user-friendly as an equipment module of the SIMATIC Modular Application Creator. This increases the efficiency of the project development and commissioning of your machine.
The Modular Application Creator enables the automatic generation of a Multi-Carrier-System. The starting point is a TIA Portal project, with the needed hardware prepared. This can be a provided project template or an already existing project.
After the project planning in the Modular Application Creator, the subsequent automated generation of the Multi-Carrier-System in TIA Portal takes place. The technology objects, program and library sources and all configuration settings required for commissioning the rail are generated. The generated MCS project can simply be downloaded to the controller after generation and used immediately.
Equipment Module „Multi-Carrier-System“
Information to the downloads:
- The Multi-Carrier-System module is part of the equipment module package.
- For information about the setup and usage of the Modular Application Creator pay attention to the Getting Started document.
- When generating for the first time with a project template, please close all TIA Portal instances.
- If an existing TIA Portal project is used to generate a Multi-Carrier-System, the GSDML file „SINAMICS S120 TEC RAILCTRL“ must be installed in TIA Portal.
Overview Multi-Carrier-System Toolbox
motioncontrol_apc_applications, Multi Carrier System, Multi-Carrier-System, MCS, Linearmotor, linear motor, RAILCTRL, Digitalisierung, Digitalization, Booster, TS 2 Booster, TS 2plus, Modular Application Creator, LS 2, rexroth
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 109783900
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry