Entry type: Application example Entry ID: 109792547, Entry date: 01/29/2021
TIA Portal V16 Add-In "SINAMICS G120X Basic Setup”
In pump and fan applications (e.g. water/wastewater or building technology) usually one PLC controls many drives. Often the configurations of this drives is nearly identic. Commissioning such systems for a great number of drives (>10) takes considerable time since it entails a repetitive process prone to errors. This TIA Portal Add-In enables the user to reduce commissioning time and effort.
The TIA Portal add-in "SINAMICS G120X Basic Setup" facilitates the commissioning of similar G120X drives by copying a desired configuration to one or many drive objects via the use of a PLC.
From now on, you can enjoy of benefits, such as:
- Reduced commissioning time and effort
- Easy setup thanks to the user friendly interface
- No drives parameters knowledge required
- Error prevention with the help of automatic processing
The TIA Portal Add-in "SINAMICS G120X Basic Setup" offers the following functions:
- User friendly wizards with graphical displays to input values
- Display/selection of compatible drives in the project
- Preparation of commissioning data offline and its backup (optional) on PC/PG in .xml format
- Assignment of commissioning data to a single or more identical converter and storing the data in the PLC (as a local backup)
- Execution of commissioning of one or more converters (mass commissioning) from PLC on demand using acyclic communication
2021-04: Documentation V1.2: Changed chapter 3.1 "Add-ins installation"
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 109792547
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry