TIA Portal Openness: Automation of engineering workflows
TIA Portal Openness is a programming interface (API) to automate engineering tasks in TIA Portal:
- Access to TIA Portal objects via API methods
- Import / export interface and data exchange
Possible workflows are project generation, project verification, maintenance and much more.
The following TIA Portal products and options support TIA Portal Openness:
- STEP 7, STEP 7 Safety.
- WinCC Unified, WinCC Professional (nur Basic/Comfort/Mobile Panels und RT Advanced).
- SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc), Startdrive, SIMOTION SCOUT TIA, SINUMERIK, Version Control Interface.
- With TIA Portal V17.0 Test Suite, Multiuser, User Management & Access Control (UMAC) are included.
TIA Portal Openness is part of several TIA Portal products and options. Details on the new features can be found here:
Manuals and Documentation
- The description of the hardware parameters can be found in the TIA Portal installation directory:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\Automation\Portal Vxx\PublicAPI\V15.1\HW Parameter description\
|Digitalize your engineering with TIA Portal Openness|
|TIA Portal Openness - Automatic project generation|
|Openness - Efficient generation of program code using code generators|
|Develop and use of Openness scripts as TIA Add-Ins|
Tools and Software
Siemens offers tools and software based on TIA Portal Openness that you can use directly:
TIA Add-Ins are special Openness applications that can be integrated in a context-related manner into the TIA Portal user interface.
TIA add-ins make daily work easier with the Automation of small, repetitive steps.
You can find more information and examples on the TIA Add-Ins overview page:
|TIA Portal Add-Ins|
SimaticML and AutomationML
SIMATIC Markup Language (SimaticML; SML) is a Siemens standard for the exchange of software data in TIA Portal.
The standard is used by TIA Portal Openness when exporting and importing software data such as program blocks or HMI screens are used.
|How is the XML file structured for blocks (Export/Import in TIA Portal Openness V13 SP1)?|
|SIMATIC Automation Compare Tool|
- The XML schema definitions (XSD) can be found in the TIA Portal installation directory:
C: \Program Files\Siemens\Automation\Portal Vxx\PublicAPI\Vxx\Schemas\
Automation Markup Language (AutomationML; AML) is an open standard for exchanging Hardware data.
The standard is used, for example, by EPLAN Electric P8, TIA Selection Tool and TIA Portal supported.
TIA Portal uses TIA Portal Openness to import the generated hardware configuration into the TIA Portal project.
The specification can be found at https://www.automationml.org/
Learn programming with TIA Portal Openness in classroom training from SITRAIN in 3 + 2 days
|TIA Portal Openness Programming 1 (DI-OPEN1)|
|TIA Portal Openness Programming 2 (DI-OPEN2)|
|TIA Portal Openness - Introduction|
|STEP 7 (TIA Portal)|
|STEP 7 (TIA Portal) - "Openness"|
In addition to TIA Portal Openness, there are also other interfaces in the TIA Portal environment:
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry