Download and sales/delivery release SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2
1. Product description
The Network Management System for digital enterprise
SINEC NMS is the Network Management System scalable for network structures of various sizes, in an increasingly digital world. This system can be used to centrally monitor, diagnose, and configure industrial networks with tens of thousands of devices around the clock. SINEC NMS is therefore the first choice for network management, and it’s paving the way for the digital transformation of industry – in all sectors and regardless of network size. Thanks to its scalability, SINEC NMS grows in parallel as the network becomes larger and more complex.
SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2 contains the following essential new features in addition to numerous smaller enhancements, comparing to the previous version:
- SINEC NMS system backup and restore
- Auto / scheduled backup for the entire SINEC NMS system
- Restore of SINEC NMS system in case of failure
- New device family support: SIMATIC RFID portfolio
- Integration of SIMATIC RFID portfolio: RF600, RF360R and RF18xC are now supported
- Central discovery, monitoring, firmware handling and config file handling and policy-based device commissioning via OPC UA or PROFINET
- New device family support: RUGGEDCOM WIN portfolio
- Full support of RUGGEDCOM WIN device family
- Central discovery, monitoring, firmware handling and config file handling, config file handling (backup, restore, view, edit, compare)
- Improved certificate management
- SINEC NMS certificate management can be mapped to external root certificate
- Seamless integration into customers’ existing certificate infrastructure
- Certificate UI on Control and on Operation
- Import / export certificates and renewing expired certificates
- Customizable dashboard
- New innovated dashboard with more information at a glance
- Interactive widgets can be customized by drag & drop
- Other new features
- Simplified Chinese UI language
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- System Backup / Restore
- Add Operation moved to overlay
- Role-Based-Access-Control (RBAC)
- Preselected user role for enforcement
- Role “Superadmin” renamed to “super admin”
- User must change password when it was changed by 3rd person
- Profile settings and password can be changed independent from each other
- Policy enforcement
- Update only as option for firmware upgrade
- Retry for firmware download
- Navigate from Device list / Topology to Configuration Cockpit
- Interface conditions for “Redundancy Protocol”
- Updated WLAN tasks
- New country codes for WLAN
- Local user credential management on ROS devices
- Rule Names can be changed
- Northbound Interface
- Dynamic parameters like “contentonly” for inherent login
- UX improvement
- Copy content from UI
- Grids will show total and filtered amount of rows
- General approach for allowed characters
2. Ordering data
DVD: Software and license delivered by DVD package
OSD: Software and license delivered by Online Software Delivery (email address of receiving person is required)
SUS: Software Update Service
Power Pack: Upgrade from SINEMA Server V13/V14 to SINEC NMS, delivered by DVD package
SINEC NMS 50 V1.0 DVD
SINEC NMS 50 V1.0 OSD
SINEC NMS 50 V1.0 SUS
SINEC NMS 50 Power Pack
SINEC NMS 100 V1.0 DVD
SINEC NMS 100 V1.0 OSD
SINEC NMS 100 V1.0 SUS
SINEC NMS 100 Power Pack
SINEC NMS 250 V1.0 DVD
SINEC NMS 250 V1.0 OSD
SINEC NMS 250 V1.0 SUS
SINEC NMS 250 Power Pack
SINEC NMS 500 V1.0 DVD
SINEC NMS 500 V1.0 OSD
SINEC NMS 500 V1.0 SUS
SINEC NMS 500 Power Pack
Link to the Mall:
3. Intended use
High standards for highest demands
The demands on a modern NMS are enormous. In addition to maximum transparency, scalability and availability, efficient user administration with simultaneous data security is required – as is overall user-friendliness. The ISO (International Organization for Standardization) defines what an NMS can achieve today in its FCAPS model. SINEC NMS supports all five cornerstones laid down in the FCAPS model.
- Fault management: Recognizing, logging and correcting faults
- Configuration management: Determining and managing all the components to be monitored
- Accounting management: Analysis of the network use
- Performance Management: Collect performance data and keep statistics
- Security Management: Authenticate users and authorize access and use
More than FCAPS
SINEC NMS goes beyond FCAPS and offers two essential system elements that specifically address the industrial network’s requirements and are completing the functionalities of our NMS.
- Northbound Interface: This interface enables network and diagnostic data to be forwarded to different systems and applications, e.g., HMI and SCADA systems, via OPC UA.
- System Administration: SINEC NMS is divided into a central control level and several distributed operational levels. This scalability feature allows it to grow along with the network as it becomes larger and more complex.
Efficient network management with a structured approach.
- Time savings: Configuration using SINEC NMS is policy-based, so it can be applied generically to multiple devices to save time.
- Flexible scalability: The scalability feature of SINEC NMS allows it to grow along with the network as it becomes larger and more complex.
- Security: With SINEC NMS, you meet the security requirements according to the IEC 62443.
- Easy data handling: SINEC NMS ensures forwarding of network information for continued processing in other systems and applications, e.g., via OPC UA.
4. Additional information
Notes on installation/migration:
In addition to a new installation, the migration from previous versions of SINEC NMS to SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2 is also supported.
When updating the SINEC NMS installations for Control and Operations to a higher SINEC NMS version, the existing data are retained for the most part.
The UMC version contained in the SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2 installation package has been updated to SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2. If you want to use this UMC version in SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2, you need to install and set up UMC again. An existing UMC installation from previous SINEC NMS versions will be automatically uninstalled from SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2 before the new UMC version is installed. Other UMC installations must be uninstalled manually beforehand. The UMC user groups contained in previous SINEC NMS versions are transferred to SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2 during migration. UMC data are not transferred when the new UMC version is installed. UMC needs to be licensed separately. Please refer to the user manual for more information.
Refer to the installation and usage notes in the following file:
English: ReadMe.html (121,6 KB)
German: LiesMich.html (113,7 KB)
Simplified Chinese: Zh_ReadMe.html (221,6 KB)
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright notes
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open-source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the OSS_SINEC-NMS_99.pdf file.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
SINEC NMS V1.0 SP2:
A 21-day trial license is automatically activated if no other license type has been found by the Automation License Manager when SINEC NMS starts the first time. The following restrictions apply as compared to the full version:
- Max. 3 devices in the "Managed" management status, max. 500 devices with the "Monitored" management status.
- Causes for results of validation reports are not displayed, and it is also not possible to generate pictures of the topology display.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry