Startdrive: What can I do if it a SINAMICS drive is not displayed after inserting in a TIA Portal project or incorrect article numbers are displayed for SINAMICS components?
You will experience one of the following scenarios:
- You add a SINAMICS drive to your project, but it is not displayed.
- Incorrect article numbers are displayed for at least one SINAMICS component (please compare the article number on the SINAMICS components with the one configured in TIA Portal) and an upload or download from/to the SINAMICS is not possible.
- Close the TIA Portal.
- Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder "C:\ProgramData\Siemens\Automation\EDD_Component":
- Delete the entire contents of the "EDD_Component" folder
- Start the TIA Portal again.
- You can now insert SINAMICS drives again.
- Possibly you have to reinsert the SINAMICS in order to have correct article numbers again and to be able to carry out uploads and downloads.
If the above-mentioned directory is not displayed in the Windows Explorer, then you have to change the settings in the Windows Explorer.
Proceed as follows for this:
- In the Windows Explorer you click "View" and select "Options".
- In the "Folder Options" dialog you select the "View" tab.
- Under "Advanced settings:" enable the setting: "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and confirm with "OK".
The screens in this FAQ response were created with Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1909) .
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry