Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 11925601, Entry date: 02/07/2017
How do you use script to completely delete the user archive and import new data records?
Recreate the content of the user archive in WinCC.
Description for up to WinCC V7.2
- Create a user archive as described in Entry ID 9975815.
Create an exported CSV file as described in Entry ID 8972156.
Execute the following script to delete the user archive and import the CSV file.
Description for WinCC V7.3 and higher
- Create user archive as described in Entry ID 9975815.
- Open the "User Archive" editor.
- In the navigation area you select the user archive.
- In the table area you switch from the "Fields" tab to the "Archive Data" tab.
- In the navigation area you select User Archive again and in the pop-up menu you select the item "Archive Data > Save in File".
- Export the user archive as a CSV file.
- Execute the following script to delete the user archive and import the CSV file.
- The user archive has to be deleted before the CSV file can be imported. This is taken into account by the script.
- The script does not generate a prompt dialog. When the script is executed, the user archive is deleted immediately and the CSV file is imported.
- With WinCC V7.2 and higher the CSV file setup is different. Proceed as follows if you want to import old data records (created with WinCC V6.x to V7.0) with WinCC V7.2 or higher:
- Migrate the old WinCC project to the current version.
- Export the CSV file with the migrated project.
- Import the created CSV file into the new WinCC project.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.