What are S7-200 programming tips and where can you procure them?
The S7-200 programming tips are a large collection of notes on the application combined with sample projects. They make it easy to understand the S7-200 applications and help with quick programming using the STEP 7-Micro/WIN programming software. The S7-200 programming tips are available on the documentation CD supplied with the STEP 7-Micro/WIN programming package.
Each S7-200 programming tip consists of a brief description of the topic, graphics to explain the structure, and the Micro/WIN project file with additional programming information. Unless otherwise described, you can use these tips with STEP 7 Micro/WIN V3.1 (or higher) and with any S7-200 CPU model.
The SIMATIC S7-200 sample applications are available free of charge. They give S7-200 users practical programming examples and solutions for specific tasks in industry applications. The sample projects cover applications in the following sectors:
- General applications
- Integrated functions
- Motor control
- Closed-loop control
WHERE CAN YOU PROCURE THE S7-200 PROGRAMMING TIPS?
The S7-200 programming are available free of charge at several different points and in several different formats:
- In HTML format on the documentation CD supplied with the STEP 7 Micro/WIN programming package.
- As .ZIP file which unpacks the tips on your hard disk in an HTML menu (one .ZIP file per language). The .ZIP can be downloaded here and installed on your PC (see also the instructions below).
WHAT ARE S7-200 SAMPLE APPLICATIONS?
The S7-200 sample applications provide know-how about a complete system application solution. Each of these examples gives you in-depth explanations about a specific application area. Each example shows step for step how a work application, which typically includes an S7-200 CPU connected to other industry devices like stepper motors, drives, etc.
Sample applications for S7-200 are available for the following sectors:
Metrology & Sensor technology
Remote control technology
FOLLOW STEPS 1 TO 3 BELOW TO GET THE S7-200 PROGRAMMIING TIPS ONTO YOUR PC:
- Download the ALL_TIPS_1208_D.zip file to your PC.
You MUST have the WinZip data compression program on your PC to be able to install the .ZIP file with the S7-200 programming tips. The .ZIP file was compressed with WinZip.
- Double-click the .ZIP file and unpack the file.
- During this procedure a subdirectory called '\tips\xxxx' is created on your PC. xxxx stands for the language version you are using. For example, the English Tips & Tricks are unpacked in a subdirectory called 'TIPS\ENGLISH' and the German Tips & Tricks are unpacked in a subdirectory called 'TIPS\DEUTSCH', etc.
3. ACCESS THE MENU OF THE S7-200 PROGRAMMING TIPS
You MUST make sure that the subdirectory structure (tips\xxxx) has been created as described above in order for the tips to run correctly. If not, the diagrams in the tip documentation are not displayed.
- In the new subdirectory 'tips\xxxx' you click the START_xxxx.htm file to open the Tips & Tricks start menu. If you are using the English version, for example, you click the file tips\English\START_ENGLISH.htm.
- After clicking the START_xxxx.htm file the Internet Explorer should show a menu in the left column in which you can see the Tips & Trick categories.
- Click a category to see the relevant tips.
- Click a tip to have the document with the programming tip displayed. In each document there is a hyperlink to print the document (1) and a hyperlink to the Micro/WIN .mwp project (2). If you have installed Micro/WIN, click the .mwp project file to call the software and download the project.
SIMATIC S7-200 Programming Tips 12/08
ALL_TIPS_1208_E.zip (33.3 MB)