Why can't you communicate with SCADA software (WinCC) using SIMATIC MicroComputing V1.0 and the EM241 modem module?
MicroComputing V1.0 does not support modem communication. However, S7-200 and WinCC do support the MODBUS protocol.
SIMATIC MicroComputing offers access to the process data in the S7-200 CPU and establishes the connection via ActiveX controls.
The EM241 modem module offers the "Remote communication" function for the S7-200 micro PLC and supports the following four operating mode:
- Micro/Win connection for remote programming and trouble-shooting,
- MODBUS master/slave communication,
- alphanumerical messages and number call service,
- as well as CPU-CPU communication between S7-200 micro-controllers.
For further information, please refer to the FAQs on "Possible ways of communicating with an S7-200 from WinCC V5.1", which you can find on the Internet under Entry ID: 21382197.
The HMI ‘WinCC’ software can be used as a MODBUS master and the EM241 modem module can be used as a MODBUS slave. Communication can be established this way between WinCC and the S7-22x CPU module via a telephone line.
Data transfer, Microcomputing, WinCC, Modem, S7-200
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry