Archiving tags/messages in a Microsoft Access database with ProTool/Pro
What should you watch out for when archiving tags/messages in a Microsoft Access database with ProTool/Pro?
This entry contains all the configuration steps you require to create an Access database and for archiving process data in this database via ProTool/Pro.
The ODBC settings have to be done on the PC on which the ProTool/Pro Runtime is installed.
ProTool/Pro as from V6.0 SP2.
Creating the Microsoft Access database (Access 2000)
- Navigate in the Control Panel and double-click Data Sources
(ODBC) to open.
In Windows 2000 f Data Sources (ODBC) is located under Control Panel > Administration.
Fig. 1: Data Sources (ODBC)
- Create an Access database by clicking the "Add…" button.
Fig. 2: ODBC Data Source Administrator
- As basis select the "Microsoft Access Driver" and click on "Finish".
Fig. 3: Microsoft Access Driver
- For "Data Source Name" you enter a designation for the database. The data source name is entered in the ProTool/Pro archive as the identification of the database.
- Enter a description of the database.
Fig. 4: Data Source Name and Description
- Via "Create…" you can create a database in any directory structure or you can use "Select…" to choose a database already on your PC or in the network.
Fig. 5: Selecting a database
- The database is created in the path displayed.
Fig. 6: Microsoft Access Setup
- Close the dialog with "OK". The configuration of the database is now complete.
Setting in ProTool/Pro
- In the Properties of you archive you select "Database" as Storage Location and as Data Source Name you enter the name specified in "Data Source Name" in Fig. 6.
Fig. 7: Archive settings