How do you establish a remote connection to a server?
Configure the settings in the server project - as in the procedure given below - in order to establish a remote connection to a server from a client without a client project.
- With "Client without Client Project" we mean a WinCC client that opens the WinCC project directly on the server via an existing Windows network connection (terminal bus). A separate WinCC project is not required on the client. This type of client was designated by default as Client in earlier versions of WinCC (before WinCC V6.0).
- As from WinCC V5.0 there is a new type of client has been added, a client with its own client project (MultiClient). In order to avoid a mix up with the MultiClient the terms "UniClient" and "Standard Client" were used.
- As from WinCC V6.0 the MultiClient is simply called the Client. As from WinCC V6.0 it is not recommended to set up a WinCC server project with the "old" UniClient, but you should rather use the Client (MultiClient). But it is however still possible to use the "Uni Client". This entry refers exclusively to the "UniClient".
|1||Enter and parameterize Client computer in the WinCC computer list|
First enter the computer name of the client computer in the computer list of the server project. In the WinCC Explorer right-click the "Computer" item and then in the pop-up menu you select "New Computer...".
|2||Create a WinCC user for Client operation|
Create a user in the "User Administrator" editor who is authorized to use this Client. This user requires "1001 Configure remote" authorization in order to open the server project. If you wish to activate the server project with the same user, the user requires "1000 Activate remote" authorization.
Open the "User Administrator" editor. You can enter the user's name and password via the menu item "User > Create user" and assign the authorizations.
|3||Create server package|
Create the server package. Ensure that the package generated by you has a double screen as a symbol.
If your package only has a single screen, go to the "Implicit Update" dialog and select the "Automatic Import" check box.
|4||Link Client to server project|
Now you can open the WinCC project from the Client via the network (terminal bus). You have various options for this:
Client server configuration, Access
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry