STEP 7 V5.2 "Internal Error 2021" error message during transfer
Why do I get the error message "Internal Error 2021" when I transfer from STEP 7 V5.2 to WinCC V5.1?
This is because you are using the new message concept (assign unique message numbers CPU-wide) in your STEP 7 project. However, this concept is not supported by WinCC V5.1.
Install WinCC V6 or create a project that uses the old message concept (unique project-wide). If you wish to switch your STEP 7 project from "CPU-wide unique" to "project-wide unique", do the following.
- Export the hardware information. In the HW Config click on Station and then Export... and check all the checkboxes in the "Options" field in the dialog window.
Figure 1: Exporting hardware
- Open the LAD/FBD/STL editor and close all the blocks there. Then select the menu option "File > Generate source..." and, in the dialog window, specify the name of the source and the project/SIMATIC station from which the source should be generated.
Figure 2: Creating an STL source ( 21 KB )
- Select all the modules in the next dialog, add them to the
right list and click on "OK" to exit this dialog.
Please repeat steps 1 to 3 for each SIMATIC station.
Figure 3: Selecting blocks for the STL source
- Set the message concept for new projects to "Always assign unique message numbers CPU-wide" or to "Always prompt for settings" (No default).
Figure 4: Changing the message concept
- Create a new concept.
- Insert a SIMATIC station into your newly created project.
- Open HW Config and import your hardware information exported from the old project. Select the menu option "Station > Import..." and then specify the configuration file for your SIMATIC station. You are asked whether you wish to save the imported data; confirm with "Yes".
- Copy the table of icons, which is contained in the S7 program folder, from your source project and insert them into your new project.
- Now copy all the blocks without a yellow triangle from the source project into your new project. You can regenerate the blocks with a yellow triangle with the aid of the STL source later on.
Figure 5: Block container
- Copy your STL source from your source project's source folder and insert it into your new project.
- Select the STL source in your new project and select the
"Edit > Compile" option.
Repeat steps 6 to 11 for each SIMATIC station.
SCAN messages and user-defined diagnostic messages cannot be copied from CPU-wide projects into projects with a project-wide message concept.