How do you configure an S7 connection via Industrial Ethernet with the SIMATIC NET OPC server and the SIMATIC NET PC software?
In this example, a standard Ethernet network card is used for the S7 communication via the SIMATIC NET OPC server with an S7 controller on the Ethernet.
The procedure described here also applies for communication processors CP1613, CP1512 and CP1612.
The requirement is that one of the two following configuration tools is installed.
- NCM PC: NCM PC is supplied with the SIMATIC NET CD and permits you to create PC projects and open STEP 7 projects. It is not possible to use this software to edit the S7 blocks in the STEP 7 project.
- STEP 7: STEP7 is a separate software package and permits you to create S7-400, S7-300- and PC projects. It is possible to use this software to edit the S7 blocks.
Only one of these tools can be installed.
Please follow the instructions below for configuring the PC station.
Guideline_S7_IE_e.pdf ( 2255 KB )
OPC server, S7 connection, Industrial Ethernet, Guideline, Instructions, SOFTNET S7 IE, SOFTNET S7 Lean, S7-1613, Network card, Set up connection, SIMATIC NET PC software
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry