ProTool/ProRT and S7-200 with PC/PPI-Cable
What has to be considered to create a connection between a ProTool/Pro-Runtime and a S7-200 via a PC/PPI-Cable?
When configuring a connection from ProTool/Pro to a S7-200 via a PC/PPI-Cable, please note the following:
- Use only PC/PPI cables (6ES7 901-3BF20/21-0XA0 or 6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0) released for ProTool/Pro.
- Control for the used PC/PPI Cable whether the set transmission quota is in accordance with the parametrized values in the Software and correct them - if required.
- Verify the settings in STEP 7 Micro/WIN resp. ProTool/Pro CS for the connected S7-200 control. If required, correct them.
- The following parameters have to be identically set in STEP 7 Micro/WIN and ProTool/Pro:
- Address of the S7-200 control
- Transmission speed
- The highest net address
- Number of the Masters
Fig. 1: Communication settings ProTool/Pro CS
- For a connection from STEP 7-Micro/WIN to a S7-200 the access point of the PG/PC Interface has to be set to "Micro/WIN -> PC/PPI cable (PPI)".
Fig. 2: Communication settings STEP 7 Micro/WIN
- Shut the application STEP 7-Micro/WIN after having downloaded it into the S7-200 CPU.
- In order to adjust the PG/PC interface for the connection with ProTool/Pro, open the PG/PC interface by clicking on "Start > Settings > System control > PG/PC interface".
- Adjust the access point "S7ONLINE" to "PC/ PPI (Cable) PPI" for ProTool/Pro RT in the PG/PC interface.
Fig. 3: Settings PG/PCInterface
Finally, start ProTool/Pro RT as usual.
When using the PC/PPI cable (6ES7901-3CB30-0XA0) adjust the DIP switches of the cable, as described under entry-ID 16532946 for STEP 7-Micro/WIN described up to and including V3.2+SP3.