Where in STEP 7 Micro/WIN can you find the operations libraries for the Modbus RTU protocol and USS protocol?
The requirement for using the MODBUS function library is STEP 7 Micro/WIN version V3.2 and higher.
These libraries are not components of the configuration software STEP 7 Micro/WIN, but are ADD ON function libraries.
In order to be able to work with the Modbus RTU protocol you must have purchased the software "SIMATIC STEP 7 Micro/WIN ADD ON: Function Library V1.1 (USS + MODBUS) for STEP 7 Micro/WIN 32".
The order number for this optional ADD ON function library is 6ES7830-2BC00-0YX0.
Order of installation:
First install the "STEP 7 Micro/WIN 32 Toolbox V1.0" (contains the libraries) and then "STEP 7 Micro/WIN".
This function library contains the libraries for the Modbus RTU protocol and USS protocol for STEP 7 Micro/WIN V3.2.
If you install STEP7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP8 and SP9 or higher for STEP 7 Micro/WIN V4.0, the operations libraries contain the following functions:
- Modbus RTU Master V1.2 for Port 0 and Port 1
- Modbus RTU Slave V1.0 for Port 0
- USS protocol V2.3 for Port 0 and Port 1
on the command libraries is available in the STEP 7 Micro/WIN Help or in the S7-200 system manual under Entry ID: 1109582.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry