DPC31 STEP C ASIC Released for Delivery
The revised version of the DPC31 STEP C ASIC for PROFIBUS slaves has been released for delivery.
The revised version of the DPC31 STEP C ASIC for PROFIBUS slaves has the following advantages compared to the predecessor version (STEP B):
- Lower price: Price reduction of 10% (exception: Development package with 6 pcs.)
- New functions, in particular DPV2 (alarms and isochrone mode)
- Lower current consumption / power losses in PROFIBUS-PA mode with new 2MHz technology.
Except for the PLL connection, the DPC31 STEP C is
pin-compatible with the DPC31 STEP B.
In general, only a PC board redesign with respect to the PLL connection is required.
The firmware "DPV1 Slave software (Sourcecode)" with the order no. 6ES7 195-2BB00-0XA0 can be used both on the STEP B and the STEP C. For details on the license conditions please speak to your SIMATIC contact at your local Siemens office: Siemens Partners on the Internet
Description of the hardware and the delta features of the new functions are available on the Internet under the following entry IDs:
- Delta features (German): 18963053
- Hardware description (German): 18963419
- Delta features (English): To follow
- Hardware description (English): To follow
More information on the above, as well as general technical information is available from:
DF FA APS DES DST 1
Tel.: +49 911 750 - 2078
Fax: +49 911 750 - 2100
PROFIBUS Interface Center
One Internet Plazza
PO Box 4991
Johnson City, TN
Fax : +1 423 - 262 - 2103
Tel.: +1 423 - 262 - 2576
Evaluation pack; 6 pcs.
Single tray; 66 pcs.
Tray box; 660 pcs.
7-Tray box; 4 620 pcs.
The DPC31 STEP B is still available in its normal form.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry