Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 1903707, Entry date: 03/13/2000
Configuration of the AS 511 channel under WinCC V5 and Windows NT
How can I configure the AS 511 channel under Windows NT?
First of all you must configure the AS 511 driver.
- Open the AS511 Admin via "Start"->"Simatic"->"WinCC"->"Tools"-> "AS511 Admin".If you can start this tool, then continue immediately with point 2. If you cannot see it, then the tool AS511-Admin was not installed with WinCC. For this you must do a user-defined installation. To retro-install AS511-Admin insert the WinCC CD and start "autorun.exe". Press the "Install WinCC" button. In the next window press the button "Do you want to remove/add parts of WinCC". In the left window select the component "Communication" and activate the entry "AS511-NT" in the right window. Press CONTINUE to start the retro-installation. This procedure is valid for both WinCC V4 and WinCC V5.
- Set the serial interface for the AS511 driver.
You must also delete the port for COM1 in the Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel->"Ports"
- Select the connection selected in the driver configuration and press the "Delete" button.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 1903707
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).