How do you configure the OPC server PC Access in order to operate WinCC flexible Runtime as OPC client?
- S7-200 PC Access OPC Server V22.214.171.124
- WinCC flexible 2004 Advanced
- WinCC flexible 2004 Runtime
- S7-200 communications cable
- S7-22x CPU
A further requirement is that a properly functioning STEP 7 Micro/WIN project is available and loaded into S7-200 CPU.
Configuring the OPC server with S7-200 PC Access
- Start S7-200 PC Access via Start > SIMATIC > S7-200 PC Access V126.96.36.199 > S7-200 PC Access.
- Create a new project.
- Mark controller, e.g. "MicroWIN (CP5611(PPI))", and open the dialog Status > PG/PC Interface....
- As access point of the application you must set "Micro/WIN" with the existing communications connection to the S7-200, e.g. "-->CP5611(PPI)".
If the access point is not "Micro/WIN", first close the dialog and set the access point via Control Panel > Set PG/PC Interface.
- Close the dialog via OK.
- Via File > Import Symbols you import the symbol of the selected STEP 7 Micro/WIN project.
- Then save the configuration you have created.
- In S7-200 PC Access you can now access the symbol of the STEP 7 Micro/WIN project.
- If you mark the project folder "Project1", for example, you can check the address of the PLC via Edit > Properties.
Checking the connection with Test OPC Client of S7-200 PC Access
- Mark the symbols in the right-hand project pane of S7-200 PC Access.
- Using drag and drop add the marked variables as items to Test Client (bottom project pane).
- Enable Test Client via Status > Start Test Client.
- If "Good" is displayed for Quality, the variable has been read successfully out of the S7-200 controller.
WinCC flexible Runtime as OPC client
- Start WinCC flexible 2004 Advanced.
- Create a WinCC flexible project for a PC via PC > WinCC flexible RT.
- In the project tree double-click on Communication > Connections to create a new connection.
- As communications driver for the connection select OPC.
- Select "S7200.OPCServer" for OPC server.
If the S7-200 OPC server has not been started on the local PC, you must specify the computer name or the IP address of the remote PC on which the S7-200 OPC server is located. When accessing the OPC server via network, please refer to the DCOM settings in the WinCC flexible Online Help under "Communication > OPC > Commissioning the OPC > DCOM".
- Add a variable under Communication > Variables.
- Via Symbol you select the relevant item of the S7-200 OPC server.
- You can display this variable via an input/output field in the Start picture.
- Save the configuration.
- Start WinCC flexible Runtime via the icon in the toolbar.