Application Example: Data Transfer via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) with CP 243-1 IT (S7-200, CP 243-1 IT and ESM TP40)
How to exchange data between different operating systems via File Transfer Protocol using CP243-1 IT?
In an increasingly heterogeneous automation structure it is of utmost importance to exchange data between the programmable logic controls of different manufacturers, the platforms and the operating systems.
In recent years, a transfer protocol has also become established
in the automation world which has already been the standard for
data transfer on the computer world for a long time: It is the FTP
(File Transfer Protocol). It is available for almost all of today’s
platforms and operating systems.
As FTP server and client, the SIMATIC CP 243-1 IT offers this basic functionality which makes it possible to deliver a cost-effective and capable solution for this task.
The application on hand forms a compact unit of SIMATIC components and a PC. They contain a runnable complete solution with all programs, which is based on the FTP basic functionality of the IT-CP and solves the following automation task:
- Collecting and quick buffering of process data in the S7 SPU
- Automatic transfer of process data to a control center via FTP
- Storing of configuration data on the file system of the CP 243-1 IT .
SH_0449_mae15c_s7200_cp243it_v10_e.exe ( 2490 KB )
Copy the "SH_0449_mae15c_s7200_cp243it_v10_e.exe" file into a separate folder and launch the file by double-clicking it.
This application you can also find under
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry