Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 20059258, Entry date: 01/03/2005
S5: replacement of an IP244-3AA21 with an IP244-3AB31
What should you watch out for when replacing an IP244-3AA21 with an IP244-3AB31?
Please note the following points:
- Function block FB162 is to be replaced (order number: 6ES5244-5AAx1).
- The jumper settings of the new module IP244-3AB31 are available in the associated manual "IP 244 Temperature Controller with FB 162" in Entry ID 1117848.
- The "Automatic Setting" function is enabled with the new command "SE" on the standard function block. Furthermore it is possible to stop the current automatic setting separatetly channel for channel with the "SE" command. A zero-to-one edge starts the closed-loop controller selected with the message number. A one-to-zero edge correspondingly stops the automatic setting enabled for that closed-loop controller.
- The channel-by-channel enabling of the automatic setting with Bit 7 is only possible if in Byte 22 of messages 0 to 12 "Closed-loop controller with automatic setting" is selected in each case in Bit 1 (Bit 1 = 1).
- When automatic setting is enabled, the module does not perform short-circuit identification.
- If the "Automatic Setting" function determines delay of 0 seconds when heating or cooling, the delay is set internally to 1 second and the automatic setting continues to process with this value.
- The numbers of data blocks DB-A, DB-B, DB-C, DB-A' and DB-C' can be parameterized at will and do not have to be in consecutive order.
- All data areas marked "free" or "reserved" must be preset with "0" and must not be used.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry