How do you send short text messages (SMS) from a WinCC (TIA Portal) or SIMATIC WinCC flexible HMI station to a mobile phone?
1. Configuration of mail dispatch with a SIMATIC HMI station
- With WinCC (TIA Portal)
The sample application 106226404 explains the configuration of the e-mail dispatch function of Comfort Panels with WinCC (TIA Portal).
- With WinCC flexible
Follow the instructions given in Entry18984102 to configure an e-mail message system with WinCC flexible.
2. Options for forwarding as short text message (SMS)
You have the following options for receiving e-mail messages as SMSs on a mobile phone:
- External providers make it possible to convert e-mails into SMS messages for mobile telephones and pagers. (This option is described here.)
- Your own SMTP server supports forwarding of e-mails via SMS message to a mobile phone or pager.
The e-mail function in WinCC flexible requires the "Sm@rtService" license key.
You can send e-mails with the following panels:
- All operator panels as from the 170 series with Ethernet interface except Basic Panels
- PCs with WinCC flexible Runtime and Ethernet interface
3. Enabling and disabling SMS messaging
To be able to convert an e-mail into an SMS message, the corresponding service must be registered with the provider. The following sections describe the procedure taking the example of T-Mobile as the provider.
3.1 Enable e-mail reception with a provider
Send an SMS message from your mobile phone with the text "OPEN" to the T-Mobile abbreviated dialing number 8000. This opens your T-Mobile number for e-mail reception.
Your e-mail address is then:
T-Mobile number (incl. prefix)@t-mobile-sms.de
firstname.lastname@example.org, for example.
Up to 160 characters are transferred.
3.2 Disable e-mail reception
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails, send an SMS message from your mobile phone with the text "CLOSE" to the T-Mobile abbreviated dialing number 8000.
This procedure might differ with other mobile network operators.
4. Other providers for SMS messaging
The list below is only a small selection of possible providers. Contact your provider for detailed information. Obtain information via the function:
"Enable mobile phone to receive e-mails from the Internet".
- O2 : http://www.o2online.de
+START / STOP : 6245 ; O2 email@example.com
The download includes a sample project for sending e-mails to a mobile telephone.
SMS_Versand_PC.zip (2.4 MB)
More information on the topic of "Teleservice via the Internet" is also available in Entry ID 19865167.