Calculator for the Calculation of the Connection Balance for typical Associations of an SIMATIC S7-CPU
SIMATIC S7-CPUs perform numerous communication tasks in today’s automation systems. For this purpose, the S7-CPU needs “connections”. Each S7- CPU provides a maximum number of such connections, i.e. this number is limited. The following questions have to be answered reliably already in the concept phase of an automation project:
- Can the planned associations be realized using the planned S7-CPU?
- Does the S7-CPU provide a sufficient number of connections for all associations?
In order to answer the above questions we developed the “connection calculator” which can be used to quickly evaluate and calculate your possibilities. In order to operate the tool no specialized knowledge of communication is required. The principle is quite simple:
- The intuitively operable input interface allows you to systematically enter all planned associations of the S7-CPU.
- By means of the calculator only those associations can be entered which can actually be realized with the S7-CPU. You are thus informed on the feasibility of a planned association already when entering the data.
- The tool up-dates the connection balance of the S7-CPU whenever an association is entered.
The separate download “Documentation” provides up-to-date information in a compact and clear way. You will also find a detailed application example for the calculator.
The below screenshot shows the user interface of the connection calculator:
|06/2004||First edition (V3.0)|
In/out point, end point, connection type, end point relation, in/out point relation, connection resources
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry