Determining the diagnostics data of a slave connected to the IM308C
How can you determine the diagnostics data of a slave connected to interface module IM308C?
You can determine this diagnostics data with FB IM308C (FB192). This function block was supplied by default with COM PROFIBUS up to V3.x. In Entry ID: 113141 there is a block for downloading.
The slave diagnostics has a maximum of 244 bytes and is divided up as follows:
- Station status 1 to 3 (size: 3 bytes)
- Master PROFIBUS address (size: 1 byte)
- Manufacturer ID (size: 2 bytes)
- Device-oriented diagnostics (size: depends on type of DP slave)
- ID-oriented diagnostics (size: depends on type of DP slave)
- Channel-oriented diagnostics (size: depends on type of DP slave)
To request slave diagnostics you call FB IM308C with the function FCT = SD. FB IM308C stores the slave diagnostics data in the S5 memory area (data block or marker area) opened with the call of FB IM308C.
For the other parameters refer to chapter 7 "IM 308-C – Using the FB IM308C (FB 192)" in the manual "ET 200 Distributed I/O System" available in Entry ID: 1142470.