How do you connect a PG 6xx and a PG 7xx?
You can connect the PG 6xx and PG 7xx with different modules. All the information you need for this is available in this FAQ:
- How do you connect the PG 675/685 and the PG7xx programming devices
to the PLCs S5 150A/K/U/S, S5 130WB and S5 110S?
- What should you pay attention to when making a cable connection from PG
6xx to AS 511 - interface module (AG 130 / AG 150)?
- What connection cable do you need between the PG 6xx and
the programmable controllers AG 90 U to AG 155 U?
- How should the interfaces of a CP525 and a
PG 6xx/7xx be connected with each other?
There are no problems when setting up connections from the PG 675/685 and the PG 7xx programming devices to the PLCs S5 150A/K/U/S, S5 130WB and S5 110S?
Since the PLCs have an interface module AS 511 (25-pin), it is possible to connect the PGs. You must just pay attention to the following.
- You only need plug-in connecting cable 6ES5 731-0xxx0 for PGs 675 and 685.
- If you want to connect a PG 7xx, you need the adapter 6ES5 731-6AG00 in addition to the plug-in connecting cable 6ES5 731-0xxx0. There is no direct cable available for the PGs 7xx, but it can be made following the attached cable assignment diagram.
d_7xx511.pdf ( 6 KB )
To make the connection cable, you need a 25-pin Sub-D plug on the PG side and a 25-pin Sub-D socket on the side of the AS 511 interface module. The attached file "d_6xx511.pdf" shows the wiring.
d_6xx511.pdf ( 7 KB )
To make the connection cable, you need a 25-pin Sub-D plug on the PG side and a 15-pin Sub-D plug on the side of the PLC.
d_6xxagu.pdf ( 7 KB )
The cable layout plans below show you the relevant connections.
Connections between CP525 and a PG 6xx
CP525-PG6xx_d.pdf ( 3 KB )
Connections between CP525 and a PG 7xx
CP525-PG7xx_d.pdf ( 4 KB )