Which hardware and software is required in the WinCC system to communicate with an S7 via a CP343-1?
For communication between a CP343-1 and WinCC, on the WinCC side you need either a general network card (e.g. 3-Com) or a CP1613 card in the WinCC PC.
- If you choose a general network card, you will need the SIMATIC NET "Softnet S7" license to be able to communicate with an S7. The corresponding SIMATIC NET driver must be installed.
- If you choose a CP1613, you will need the SIMATIC NET "S7-1613" license to be able to communicate with an S7. The corresponding SIMATIC NET driver must be installed.
The relevant SIMATIC NET license ("Softnet S7") is included in the WinCC delivery package.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry