Service Pack 3 for STEP 7 V5.3 and STEP 7 Professional Edition 2004
Service Pack 3 (SP3) for STEP 7 V5.3 is now available on CD ROM. You can order the CD from your SIMATIC contact at your local Siemens at a nominal charge. The Service Pack is also available free of charge for downloading from the Internet (entry ID 21953245). NCM S7 for PROFIBUS and Industrial Ethernet are included in the Service Pack 3. Customers with a valid Software Update Service agreement for STEP 7 or STEP 7 Professional will receive the CD ROM automatically.
SP3 can be installed directly over the existing STEP 7 V5.3
software. The SP3 can also be used to update the STEP 7
Professional Edition 2004 (see entry ID 21955097).
The STEP 7 V5.3 license also remains valid with SP3.
Prerequisites for the installation of STEP 7 V5.3 incl. SP3:
- STEP 7 V5.3 or STEP 7 V5.3 SP1 or SP2
- STEP 7 Professional Edition 2004 or STEP 7 Professional Edition 2004 SR1 or SR2
Supported operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000 Professional (SP3 or SP4)
- MS Windows XP Professional (SP1 or SP1a or SP2)
- MS Windows Server 2003
with or without SP1 as workstation
- With STEP 7 V5.3 incl. SP3, the Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher is mandatory for all operating systems.
- The SP3 may not be installed on STEP 7 V5.3 Japanese (6ES7810-4CC07-0JA5) or STEP 7 V5.3 Chinese (6ES7810-4CC07-0KA5).
We have compiled all the functional changes and additions of STEP 7 V5.3 and the SP3 in the following brochure:
- German: Was_ist_neu_in_STEP7_V53_SP3.pdf ( 32 KB )
- English: What_is_new_in_STEP7_V53_SP3.pdf ( 31 KB )
The SP3 also includes the updated Automation License Manager with USB stick support.
The SP3 also contains an update of the module library. The list of added modules is attached:
- German: Neue_Baugruppen_in_STEP7_V53_SP3.pdf ( 62 KB )
- English: New_Modules_in_STEP7_V53_SP3.pdf ( 60 KB )
To be able to work with STEP 7 it is sufficient if you log in as user (no guest log in). To be able to install the STEP 7 software and also to set up modules via the application "Set PG/PC interface" you still require administrator rights. For the use of option packages the rights required for the relevant packages must be observed.