Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 21980615, Entry date: 09/01/2005
How can I update/upgrade or download SIMATIC NET software for Windows XP SP2?
You must note the following points for updating/upgrading and downloading:
- SIMATIC NET older than version V6.3 is not released for Windows
The release came with the SIMATIC NET version V6.3 (CD PC/Software Edition 2005).
- Entry ID 21394393 contains more detailed information on the latest version V6.3 of SIMATIC NET. It also lists the latest order numbers.
- An upgrade of older versions of SIMATIC NET to version V6.3 can be procured under order number 6GK1704-0AA07-3AA0.
- For reasons of export regulations complete CDs are not available for Internet downloading.
- After the update/upgrade to version V6.3 you do not need a new license, but can continue to use the license you have already purchased.
- Information on the HotFix1 for SIMATIC NET Edition 2005 is
available in Entry ID: 21835328
With this HotFix, SOFTNET S7 IE is also released for Windows XP SP2.
More information on prices and products is available from your sales contact.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry