Problem with IM 157 for DP/PA Link and Y Link, Product Release 02
IM 157 Interface modules for DP/PA Link and Y Link (order no. 6ES7 157-0AA82-0XA0, product release 02) shipped between August 10 and 24, 2005, will not start up because of a manufacturing problem. The defect is identifiable by the fact that all LEDs on the module blink. Affected modules have one of the serial no.’s listed in attachment "IM157_Error_FID.pdf" and have no test stamp next to the type label. They must be replaced. Please speak to your SIMATIC contact at your local Siemens office for this purpose.
The manufacturing problem described above only affects a specific batch of the IM 157 interface module with order no. 6ES7 157-0AA82-0XA0, for which everyone of the following conditions must apply:
- Product release (E-Stand) 02
- Shipped in the period August 10 to August 24, 2005
- The serial no. is listed in the attachment "IM157_Error_FID.pdf"
- No test stamp next to the module’s type label
Determining the serial no. (FID) on the module’s package
Determining the serial no. (FID) and the test stamp on the module
List of serial no.’s of the defective batch:
IM157_Error_FID.pdf ( 28 KB )
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry