How do you install Service Pack updates for Windows XP?
In order to install a Service Pack update (e.g. SP2) in Windows XP you need the English Service Pack 2. You cannot install a Service Pack in a different language here.
Before installing the update you must also switch the operating system to "English". Information on switching over the language for the menus and dialog boxes in the Control Panel are available in our FAQ:
- How do you switch the operating system to English?
Answer in Entry ID: 22309945
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry