Why does the group error LED of the IM 151 light on my ET 200S station when I plug in a reserve module?
The reserve module does not simulate presence of the correct module in the IM 151, but simply reserves a slot for an electronics module. If you view the channel-specific diagnostics data, you will see that the following message is displayed for this module:
"10B: incorrect module"
It is only possible to change this behavior as from a specific version of the interface module and power module. Here you must check whether option handling is supported by these two modules. If option handling is enabled in the interface module and the power module, the SF LED is off if the reserve module is slotted.
- More information on option handling is available in the manual "ET 200S Distributed I/O System". The manual is available in Entry ID: 1144348 .
- An overview of the ET 200S modules that support option handling is given in Entry ID: 22564754.
- A sample application of option handling with ET 200 is available in Entry ID: 29430270
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry