Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 22611503, Entry date: 10/09/2017
Which SIMATIC NET PROFIBUS PC CP is compatible with which Microsoft Windows operating system?
The attached table gives you information about compatibility between Microsoft Windows operating systems and the SIMATIC NET PROFIBUS PC CPs.
Compatibility between Microsoft Windows operating system and PROFIBUS PC CPs
- Check the compatibility of Microsoft Windows operating systems and SIMATIC NET PC software in Entry ID: 64847781. Up to and including SIMATIC NET PC software V8.0 all Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported only in 32 bits.
- The requirement is that the SIMATIC NET PC software used includes the driver for the PROFIBUS CP concerned.
- The SIMATIC NET CD 05/2000 is not released on server systems for Windows NT and Windows 2000.
- The compatibility of Windows 2000 also applies for Windows 2000 Server.
- Windows XP without SP is not supported.
CP5623, CP5624, CP5613, CP5614, CP5621, CP5611, CP5512, CP5511, CP5711, CP5603, CP5622, CP5612
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry