How do you set up Autostart for WinCC?
There are two different ways of setting a WinCC Autostart. Either you use the WinCC tool "AutoStart Configuration" or the Autostart is written with the "AutoStartRT" tool into the communication setting of SIMATIC NET.
Depending on the version and operating mode of WinCCalways use only one of the two methods for configuring WinCC Autostart:
Use the "Autostart Configuration" tool without SIMATIC NET
- WinCC V7.4 and higher (PCS 7 V8.2)
- If you want to operate a WinCC project in the Service Mode (possible with WinCC V7.0 and higher)
- In conjunction with SIMATIC NET (up to and including CD11/2003 SP1
Use the "AutoStartRT" tool with SIMATIC NET
- WinCC V6.0 SP3 and higher (SIMATIC NET Edition 2005 and higher) to WinCC V7.3
Set up Autostart with the "Autostart Configuration" tool without SIMATIC NET
Information about this is available in the WinCC Online Help and the associated manuals in this path:
"Working with WinCC > Working with Projects > Enable Project > How to set up AutoStart".
|WinCC V7.4 SP1||How to set up Autostart for V7.4 SP1|
Set up Autostart with the "Autostart Configuration" tool without SIMATIC NET in the WinCC Service Mode
Proceed as under "Set up Autostart with the "Autostart Configuration" tool without SIMATIC NET".
In Service Mode the only difference is the operating mode of WinCC:
- On the server, the project is operated in WinCC Service Mode as Service Project.
- The automatic start is executed without an interactive user being logged on.
- The Service Project is activated automatically as soon as the server starts up. User inputs are not required.
- WinCC Runtime starts as a service.
Further information about this is available in the WinCC Online Help and the associated manuals:
Set up Autostart with the "Autostart Configuration" tool with SIMATIC NET
- Open "Set Configuration Console PC Station" via the Windows Start menu.
In the "Set Configuration Console PC Station" dialog, you open the dialog for AutoStart configuration through "PC Station > SIMATIC NET Configuration > Applications > AutoStart"
Save the settings with the "Apply" button (Step 2 - Fig. 01). The next time the system is started up the WinCC tool "AutoStartRT" will be executed with the settings chosen.