Release for general availability of the DriveMonitor V5.4 HF1 commissioning tool for SIMOVERT MASTERDRIVES
Version V5.4 HF1 ( release P7V_R054004 ) of the DriveMonitor has been released for general availability from July 2006 for the SIMOVERT MASTERDRIVES drive series. It can be immediately downloaded from the Internet.
From August 2006 the version will be provided on the document CDs of the drive units and replaces Version V5.3 SP2 HF2. When required, the CDs can be separately ordered.
DriveMonitor is the commissioning tool that applies across all of the drives from the following families: SIMOVERT MASTERDRIVES, MICROMASTER, SIMOREG and SIMADYN D.
- Commissioning, parameterization, visualization and diagnostics of SIEMENS drives in a standard environment via the serial interface of the PG/PC and using Siemens-specific USS protocols.
- It can run under MS Windows operating system Win98/ME/NT4.0/W2000 and XP Professional and Windows Server 2003.
- Data is transferred between a PG/PC and the drives using RS232/RS485 via the serial COM interfaces of the PG/PCs as well as via OPC.
- Parameters can be assigned (parameterization) both online (there is a connection to the drive) as well as also offline (there is no connection to the drive - e.g. in the office).
- Parameter sets can be managed ( upread, download, compare, print )
- Prompted, graphic commissioning for the MASTERDRIVES VC and MC drive units as well as SIMOREG DC Master
- Internal status quantities can be read-out in a user-friendly fashion ( recorded using a trace function ) and can be displayed just the same as when using a digital storage oscilloscope - incl. evaluation functions
- Firmware download for option cards from the MASTERDRIVES range - e.g. the PROFIBUS board CBP2
- Graphic online diagnostic screens for MASTERDRIVES MC regarding speed controller, position controller, basic positioner (EPOS) and synchronous operation
- Tree view of the parameter menus to make it easier to navigate in DriveMonitor.
- Device identification ( DriveMonitor determines the firmware releases of the drives that are connected )
- Freely defined parameter lists can be imported and exported
DriveMonitor V5.4 HF1 supports the following devices and actual firmware versions:
It goes without saying that all of the previous firmware versions of the devices will still be supported. The versions that have been newly included are shown in bold.
MASTERDRIVES VC V3.4
MASTERDRIVES VC Compact Plus V3.4
MASTERDRIVES MC V1.6
MASTERDRIVES MC Compact Plus V1.6
MASTERDRIVES MC Performance 2 V2.4
MASTERDRIVES MC Compact Plus Performance 2 V2.4
MASTERDRIVES AFE V2.1
MASTERDRIVES RRU V4.8
MASTERDRIVES CU1( V1.3 ), CU2 ( V1.4 ), CU3 ( V1.1 )
MICROMASTER 410 to V1.0 ( only in the DriveMonitor stand-alone installation )
MICROMASTER 411 to V1.2 ( only in the DriveMonitor stand-alone installation )
MICROMASTER 420 to V1.1 ( only in the DriveMonitor stand-alone installation )
MICROMASTER 430 to V2.0 ( only in the DriveMonitor stand-alone installation )
MICROMASTER 440 to V2.1 ( only in the DriveMonitor stand-alone installation )
MICROMASTER Vector to V2.0
MICROMASTER Eco V1.09
MIDIMASTER Vector V2.0
MIDIMASTER Eco V1.09
SIMOVERT MV V20.8
SIMOVERT S V10.4
SIMOVERT PM V5.1
SIMADYN D CBP2 USS slave
SIMADYN D SRT400 CBP2 USS slave
SIMOREG K 6RA24 V2.4
SIMOREG DC MASTER V2.2
SIMOTRAS 6SG70 V2.2
What is NEW in release V5.4 HF1 with respect to previous versions
Installation under the operating system Windows Server 2003 from SP1
An OPC interface is now also available as communication channel
All online parameters can now be selected as a permanent function in the navigation tree of the free parameterization
The new FW version V2.4 for the MASTERDRIVES MC Performance 2 and MASTERDRIVES MC Compact Plus Performance 2 series is supported
The new FW version V2.1 for the MICROMASTER 440 series is supported
The new FW version V10.4 for the SIMOVERT S series is supported
The new FW version V20.8 for the SIMOVERT MV series is supported
The new FW version V2.2 for the SIMOREG DC MASTER and SIMOTRAS 6SG70 series is supported
DriveMonitor is also included on the MASTERDRIVES documentation CD; in addition to DriveMonitor it also contains the complete documentation for the SIMOVERT MASTERDRIVES drive series.
This CD is provided with the MASTERDRIVES drives, as standard, when they are shipped.
When required, this CD can also be separately ordered using the following Order No. [MLFB].
|Order No.||Product designation|
|6SX7010-0FA10||MASTERDRIVES documentation CD|
As an alternative to the CD, the actual DriveMonitor version can also be downloaded from the Internet. It can be downloaded under the ProDIS article ID: 11769381
The file that can be downloaded is approx. 271 MB large.
Compatibility between DriveMonitor- and SIMOVIS files:
All files (with the .DNL file name extension) that were generated with SIMOVIS can naturally be further processed using DriveMonitor.
When opening a SIMOVIS file using the DriveMonitor, you are prompted to enter some supplementary information.
However, a DNL file generated by DriveMonitor cannot be further processed using SIMOVIS. This means that the files are only upwards compatible but not downwards compatible.
Please contact your local Siemens office for more detailed information.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry