How do you insert a C-PLUG or what is the purpose of a C-PLUG?
For some devices you need an optional interchangeable medium with key function, a KEY-PLUG, to enable functions. With regard to configuration, function and operating behavior a KEY-PLUG corresponds to a C-PLUG. In addition the KEY-PLUG contains the release licenses.
With some devices you can configure the C-PLUG or KEY-PLUG as PRESET-PLUG. In a PLUG configured as PRESET-PLUG are stored the device configuration, user accounts, certificates and firmware. Using the PRESET-PLUG you can install the same device configuration, user accounts, certificates and associated firmware on multiple devices.
Using the PRESET-PLUG (article number: 6GK5798-8AB00) you can easily configure the SCALANCE W-700 devices in compliance with IEEE 802.11a/b/g and the IWLAN/PB Link PN IO. Using the PRESET PLUG, an existing configuration can be transferred to any number of other devices. This approach is particularly advantageous for commissioning a large number of IWLAN clients which are assigned identical parameters as it saves the user having to parameterize each client manually.
The following devices have a PLUG port. The overview shows which devices support a C-PLUG, KEY-PLUG, PRESET-PLUG and the Web Based Management (WBM).
If the following modules are run with a C-PLUG, then you use the configuration data that is saved on the C-PLUG. In this case, changes to the configuration data is only saved on the C-PLUG. That means the changes to the configuration data are not included in the internal memory of the device. The configuration data in the internal memory of the module and on the plugged in C-PLUG is different.
- IE/PB Link PN IO
- IWLAN/PB Link PN IO
- IE/AS Interface Link PN IO
- DP/AS Interface Link PN IO
- SCALANCE S602, SCALANCE S612, SCALANCE S623 and SCALANCE S627-2M
- SCALANCE W-700 in compliance with IEEE 802.11a/b/g
- SCALANCE X-200
With the following devices the changes to the configuration data on the C-PLUG and in the internal memory of the device are transferred, in other words the configuration data in the internal memory and on the slotted C-PLUG are always kept the same.
- SCALANCE 615, SCALANCE SC-600
- SCALANCE W -700 in compliance with IEEE 802.11n
- SCALANCE XC-200, SCALANCE XP-200, SCALANCE XF-200BA
- SCALANCE X-300, SCALANCE X-400, SCALANCE XM-400, SCALANCE XR-500
The manuals of the above-mentioned modules include information about the behavior of the modules for different applications like the following, for example:
- Module is operated without C-PLUG
- Module is equipped with C-PLUG in the as-delivered status
- Module is equipped with C-PLUG in the operating state
Example of configuring a SCALANCE X-200 with a C-PLUG
- Plug the C-PLUG into the SCALANCE X-200.
The C-PLUG may only be removed or slotted when the device is not connected to the power.
- Table 1 shows the possible startup behavior instances of the SCALANCE X-300.
C-PLUG SCALANCE X-300 startup Not available With internal configuration (if available or with factory default. Empty With internal configuration, copies this immediately automatically onto the C-PLUG. Written with own configuration data. With C-PLUG configuration Written with third-party configuration data. With third-party C-PLUG configuration. Written with configuration data of a different device type. With internal configuration, red LED on Power Module lights and log entry. Defective With internal configuration, red LED on Power Module lights and log entry. With configuration data that has been created with an older firmware version than the one currently on the SCALANCE X-300 With C-PLUG configuration
After switching on the module, if the red LED lights on the Power Module, then make the following settings:
- Select the required function in the WBM. In this example, the function "Copy internal Configuration to C-PLUG and restart" is selected, meaning that the current configuration is saved on the C-PLUG in the internal memory of the module.
- The configuration in the internal flash of the SCALANCE X-300 is copied to the C-PLUG. There is then a restart.
- The status "ACCEPTED" is displayed for the C-PLUG.
- Now you can change the configuration. The configuration changes are stored in the C-PLUG and in the internal memory of the device.
If there is no C-PLUG slotted in the SCALANCE X-300, the status "NOT PRESENT" is displayed for the C-PLUG.
Detailed information about using a C-PLUG and KEY-PLUG as well as about setting a PRESET-PLUG is available in the manuals of the above-mentioned products.
|SCALANCE W700 in compliance with IEEE 802.11n||SCALANCE W788-x, SCALANCE W748-1||62521280|
|SCALANCE W774-1, SCALANCE W734-1||89534805|
|SCALANCE W778-1, SCALANCE W738-1||109747232|
|SCALANCE X||SCALANCE X-200||109744376|
|SCALANCE XC-200, SCALANCE XP-200, SCALANCE XF-200BA||109750283|
|SCALANCE X-300, SCALANCE X-400||109752312|
|SCALANCE XM-400, SCALANCE XR-500||109748693|
|SCALANCE S||SCALANCE S602, SCALANCE S612, SCALANCE S623, SCALANCE S627-2M||109747343|
|SCALANCE M-800||SCALANCE M-800||109751635|
|CP 343-1 Standard||6GK7343-1EX21-0XE0||22259495|
|CP 343-1 Advanced||6GK7343-1GX21-0XE0||22261695|
|CP 443-1 Advanced||6GK7443-1EX40-0XE0||19308980|
|SCALANCE W700 in compliance with IEEE 802.11a/b/g||SCALANCE W788-xPRO,|
|SCALANCE W784-1, SCALANCE W74x-1||33318647|
|IWLAN/PB Link PN IO|
|IE/PB Link PN IO|
|IE/AS Interface Link PN IO||6GK1411-2AB10|
|DP/AS Interface Link Advanced||6GK1415-2BA10|