Integration of an AS-i System into PROFINET with the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO (Configuration 7)
PROFINET is increasingly used in automation technology. This has the advantage that network configurations are uniform from plant control to field level. At sensor/actuator level, however, AS-i technology is still used in larger plants due to the cost-effective wiring of field devices. The main requirement of this application is to seamlessly integrate an existing AS-i field bus into a modern PROFINET network.
As a central gateway, the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO of SIMATIC NET offers the option to connect up to two AS-i subsystems as AS-i master and PROFINET device to a PROFINET network. An S7-300 controller with PROFINET S7-CPU is used as PROFINET IO controller.
In this application example, we show the different
possibilities to parameterize the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO in practical
operation and to diagnose the lower-level AS-i system.
The example provides a detailed explanation of the parameterization and addressing of the AS-i system via:
- The integrated operator display of the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO,
- Web-based Management of the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO (integrated web server),
- an individual user interface of the TP277 panel by using PROFINET system function blocks in the S7-CPU (SFB52/53 - RDREC/WRREC).
We show the different diagnostic capabilities for the IE/AS Link PN IO and the lower-level AS-i system via
- the configuration of the "Report System Error" SIMATIC S7 function (display on the TP 277 panel)
- an individual diagnostics program with PROFINET system blocks (SFB52 - RDREC, SFB54 - RALARM) and display on the TP 277 panel
- the Web-based Management functions of the IE/AS-i LINK PN IO (integrated web server)
A short basics chapter additionally explains the core features of the AS-i technology.
|The flyers for all previously published SIMATIC NET Configurations are available at this link.||http://www.automation.siemens.com/net/html_76/produkte/produktloesungen.htm|