How do you deactivate the Trial License when the message appears indicating that the Trial License has expired, although the Floating License has been installed?
Once activated, the Trial License is valid for limited use of the SIMATIC software for tests, for example. After activation this license is valid for a maximum of 21 days. If after expiry of this time you install a license for unlimited use (Single, Floating or Upgrade License) and after installation you still receive the message indicating that the Trial License has expired, we recommend deleting the Trial License in the "AX NF ZZ" folder.
- Open the ALM (Automation License Manager) and mark the drive ("C", for example) on which your licenses are installed. Displayed in the right window of the Automation License Manager is the table of the licenses installed. To view the licenses you need the file name (License Key) and the 20-digit license number.
If these columns are not yet displayed, then you have to enable them in the "Define View" dialog.
- In the ALM you select the menu command "View > Define…".
- Under "Edit view" you assign a name (Test, for example) and in the lower part of the dialog you select the "Columns" tab.
- On the left under "Available columns:" you mark "License key" and "License number" and click the arrow key "". The two selected columns are now displayed on the right under "Selected columns:".
- Open the MS Windows Explorer and mark the "AX NF ZZ" directory on drive "C". The file names of the licenses are then displayed in the right window of the Explorer.
If the "AX NF ZZ" directory or the files in that directory are not visible, then proceed as follows:
- In the Explorer you open the "Folder Options" dialog via the menu command "Tools > Folder options..." and select the "View" tab.
- Under "Advanced settings:" you disable the option "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)".
- Enable the option "Show hidden files, folders and drives".
- Then click the "Apply" button followed by "OK" to confirm. The "AX NF ZZ" directory is then displayed in the Explorer.
- Now in the Automation License Manager compare the file name (License Key) of the Trial License with the file name in the "AX NF ZZ" folder. Via the view set in the Automation License Manager you determine the file name for the Trial License to be deleted (Fig. 3) that you then find in the "AX NF ZZ" folder.
- Mark the Trial License found in the "AX NF ZZ" directory and right-click. Select the "Delete" command in the pop-up menu. After deletion the message described above will no longer appear.
Authorizing, PCS 7, TIA Portal, STEP 7, WinCC
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry