What alternatives are there to PATA/SATA/SCSI hard disks and what are the advantages of SIMATIC PC Compact Flashes compared with the hard disks?
SIMATIC PC Compact Flashes are also offered as alternatives to the SIMATIC Microbox PC 420, SIMATIC Box PC 627 and SIMATIC Box PC 840 V2. SIMATIC PC Compact Flashes are much more robust and longer-living than hard disks.
Advantages of SIMATIC PC Compact Flashes compared with hard disks:
SIMATIC PC Compact Flashes are more robust and longer-living:
- Higher availability, because the data management is more reliable without the disadvantages of magnetic and mechanical hard disk storage technology.
- Lower power consumption, which means that the entire device consumes less power.
- Greater robustness of the SIMATIC PC:
- The vibration and shock load values of the Compact Flashes are up to three times higher than those of hard disks.
- Greater operating ambient temperature range. For example, the permissible operating temperature range with a Compact Flash is 0°C to 50°C and with hard disks it is 5°C to 40°C.