Migration of COROS LS-B/FlexOS or COROS LS-B/WIN to WinCC
How can I migrate a project from COROS LS-B/FlexOS or COROS LS-B/WIN to WinCC?
Via the Dynamic Wizards / Import you can transfer COROS mass data (connection list, message list) and static image parts to WinCC. The mass data are imported via the COROS text format and a WinCC wizard, the static background pictures are first exported in COROS via the WMF format and then imported into WinCC. If you are using LS-B/FlexOS, you can also convert your pictures under LS-B/WIN.
Procedure for transferring COROS mass data to WinCC:
Transfer of the COROS variables list
Only the pure variables part of the variables lists is transferred. The variables are added to the WinCC variables list if it already exists. The code is the variable name. If the names are identical, the import function is not executed. The following LS-B interpretations are transferred: BIT, FPT, BCD, GPT, ZAE, ZTW. All other interpretations are ignored.
- With COROS export the S5L file (connections list complete or in parts) into a TXT file.
- With a text editor remove all the entries of the TXT file that are not under the title ´VARIABLE:´. This title is also removed.
- Now, if necessary, you can adapt the variables list created to you new conditions; for example, assign a new connection name, shift access to another DB.
- In WinCC configure those connections that are still missing. Code to the assignment is the connection name.
- In WinCC/Graphics CS call the wizard for importing the COROS connections list and follow the user instructions.
Import of 100 variables takes about 140 seconds (P75 computer).
Transfer of COROS message lists
The message number is the code here. If the numbers are identical, the import function is not executed.
- With COROS export the MLD file (message list complete or in parts) into a TXT file.
- With a text editor remove the header and the titles of the TXT file.
- Replace the textually specified COROS message class ´MCLASS´ in column 3 with the appropriate number of the message type of WinCC. (The message types are sorted according to numbers in the WinCC - Alarm Logging interface.) Always the first class is taken as message class (the predefined message class "Fault").
- Now, if necessary, you can adapt the message list that is thus created to your new conditions, for example change message numbers, change message texts.
- In WinCC/Graphics CS call the wizard for importing the COROS message list and follow the user instructions.
When messages are imported, the bit number 0 is always predefined, because the LS-B messages are based on BIT variables.
The import of 100 messages is somewhat faster than importing variables. But it cannot be quantified exactly because the configuration data is not time stamped. Updating the display of the message list is significantly slower than the disk activity.
Transferring the static picture sections
- In LS-B/WIN select the picture sections to be exported and export the picture section in WMF format.
- Import these WMF files in the WinCC Graphics Designer into a WinCC picture via the menu "Add > Import".
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry