What can you do if the CP5611 cannot be installed or commissioned?
Normally the PROFIBUS CP5611 is installed automatically via the Plug&Play Manager and entered in the Device Manager in SIMATIC NET. You open the Device Manager via the Windows Control Panel -> System -> "Hardware" tab -> Device Manager.
If the CP5611 (A2) cannot be installed or commissioned, please proceed as follows:
- Check whether the SIEMENS software that provides the drivers for the CP5611 is released for the Microsoft Windows operating system you are using. The driver for the CP5611 is included in the delivery packages below:
- STEP 7
- SIMATIC NET PC software
- WinCC flexible
Information on the compatibility of the above-mentioned SIEMENS software with the different Microsoft Windows operating systems is available in the following Entry IDs:
- Check whether the CP5611 is recognized in the Device Manager.
If the CP5611 is displayed in the Device Manager with a a yellow question mark or exclamation mark, this indicates that the driver could not be assigned upon installation of the CP5611. In this case, please refer manually to the directory C:\Windows\inf or C:\WINNT\inf. The driver information (oem**.inf) is in this directory.
- Completely uninstall the CP5611. Proceed as follows.
- You uninstall the CP5611 via the Device Manager.
- Open the Registry via the Windows START menu -> Run -> "regedit". Here you delete all the CP5611 entries in the following path:
- Then boot the computer so that the CP5611 is reinstalled.
- Please observe the PCI standard that CP5611 (6GK1561-1AA00) and CP5611 A2 (6GK1561-1AA01) support. The CP5611 supports PCI V2.1, i.e. it may be operated in 5V PCI slots with 33 MHz. The CP5611 A2 on the other hand supports PCI V2.1, i.e. it may be operated in 3.3V and 5V PCI slots with 33MHz or 66MHz. This can also be used in PCI-X slots.
- Try to install the CP5611 in a different PCI slot of your computer or try to install the CP5611 on a different computer to see whether or not the card itself is defective.