S7-SCL V5.3 + Service Pack 4 Released for Delivery
The S7-SCL V5.3 software is now available including Service Pack 4 ( SP4 ). The software is multilingual (German, English, French, Spanish and Italian) and is available as Floating License (FL) and Upgrade(UG) on CD ROM, together with the electronic user manuals. Additions and corrections of SP4 are described in the bulletin below. Service Pack 4 is available free of charge from the Internet for upgrading (entry ID 27461704).
Service Pack 4 can be installed directly over the existing S7-SCL V5.3 or V5.3 SP1/SP2/SP3 software. The SP4 can also be used to update S7-SCL as part of the STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006 (see entry ID 26574437).
The license for S7-SCL V5.3 also remains valid with the SP4.
Changes with S7-SCL V5.3 SP4:
Compilation with the option “Generate Debug Info“ of SCL statements with complex indices has been improved.
Prerequisites for the installation of S7-SCL V5.3 incl. SP4:
- S7-SCL V5.3 or
- S7-SCL V5.3 SP1 / SP2 / SP3
Supported operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000 Professional (SP4)
- MS Windows XP Professional (SP1 or SP2)
- MS Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or SP2 as workstation computer
- MS Windows Vista 32 Business and Ultimate
- It is not possible to update the operating system from MS Windows XP to MS Windows Vista with the STEP 7 / S7-SCL software installed. Before you change the operating system, STEP 7 / S7-SCL and existing STEP 7 option packages must be uninstalled.
- To be able to work with MS Windows Vista, you require SP3 or SP3.1 for STEP 7 V5.4. See entry ID 22446648.
- More information is provided in the files:
Software Update Service (SUS)
Customers with a valid Software Update Service agreement for S7-SCL, will receive the Service Pack 4 for S7-SCL V5.3 free of charge.
Service Pack 4 is also available for free downloading on the Internet under the entry ID: 27461704.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry