What might be the cause for an operator panel of the MP 277 or Mobile Panel 277 series no longer running/starting after a restore procedure via memory card (MMC/SD)?
You are using one of the following operator panels on a plant:
- MP277 8"Key
- MP277 10" Key
- MP277 8" Touch
- MP277 10" Touch
- Mobile Panel 277
The firmware version of WinCC flexible 2005 SP1 is on the operator panels.
Now you want to upload the operating system image of WinCC flexible 2007 to these operator panels via a memory card (MMC / SD).
This type of upgrading (upgrading via memory card) is not executed correctly under the conditions described above.
Upgrading through Backup/Restore via WinCC flexible or ProSave is not affected by this behavior.
If upgrading via WinCC flexible or ProSave is not possible because:
- WinCC flexible or ProSave is not available in the plant.
- You are still using WinCC flexible 2005 SP1 and only want to upgrade to WinCC flexible 2007 (or higher) at a later date,
then please execute one of the following points.
1.) WinCC flexible or ProSave is not available in the plant:
- 2 empty memory cards
In the following called "Card 1" and "Card 2".
- Backup file for the operator panel concerned.
The backup files for the separate operator panels are available at the end of this entry.
Notes on working with prepared backup files:
Observe the following instructions, because otherwise the system files are not taken into account when transferring.
If you do not comply, you get a checksum error when restoring the prepared image with the Backup/Restore function.
The backups provided contains the protected system files.
It is therefore absolutely necessary to change the file explorer accordingly before working with the backup files (e.g. copy/cut/paste).
In the Explorer, you select "Tools" and then "Folder Options".
In the "Folder Options" dialog you select the "View" tab.
- Disable the item "Hide protected operating system files" in the "Folder Options" dialog
- Enable the item "Show hidden files and folders" in the "Hidden files and folders" folder
- Extract each backup file to an empty folder on your configuration PC.
- Then copy the unpacked backup file to Card 1.
Sample view of an unpacked backup file for a MP 277 Touch on an
MMC memory card.
- Make the backup of the operator panel upgraded to WinCC flexible 2007 (or higher) on Card 2.
On the plant: (the order of the steps is mandatory)
- Do a restore on the plant device with Card 1.
The plant device now has a cleaned image.
- Do a restore on the plant device with Card 2.
The plant device is now upgraded to WinCC flexible 2007 (or higher).
2.) You are still using WinCC flexible 2005 SP1 and only want to
upgrade to WinCC flexible 2007 (or higher) at a later date.
To ensure that upgrading by memory card of the operator panels being used can be done correctly at a later date, you must upload the operating system image to the operator panels being used from the current hotfix for WinCC flexible 2005 SP1.
The hotfix is available from Customer Support: 24758642
Attachment 1: MP277_8Zoll_Key.zip ( 6176 KB )
Attachment 2: MP277_8Zoll_Touch.zip ( 6176 KB )
Attachment 3: MP277_10Zoll_Key.zip ( 6176 KB )
Attachment 4: MP277_10Zoll_Touch.zip ( 6176 KB )
Attachment 5: Mobile_Panel_277.zip ( 6176 KB )
MP 277 Key, MP 277 Touch, Mobile Panel 277, Backup, Restore